Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
austinjb555

VERY moderate acne... PLEASE HELP!!!!

sorry, posted the other stuff in the wrong thread...

I'm using Head and Shoulders intensive treatment (blue bottle), and I haven't really noticed a difference... Weirdly enough being out in the sun DOES really help! I dont know if its the chlorine or the sunblock (coppertone with Vitamin E and aloe). Also, proactiv does really work if you use it twice a day, this is the 6th week im using it, and I've had MAJOR improvement... but my face still has red on it, and its not all bumpy. Toothpaste REALLY works, but this morning I woke up and TWO HUGE ZITS on my face! HORRIBLE! What are some emergency home remedies???? Also, don't try to get me to buy the regimen stuff... I just spent 60 bucks on proactiv! Also, the Refining mask used to work pretty well, but now it doesn't do an thing!!!

Also, are there any soaps or anything I should add? I use Dove soap in the shower, but thats it. I just HATE acne with a PASSION! And, on my chin, I've ALWAYS had these whitish bumps, that dont go away! and on my temples, there are these red spots (not bumps, barely bumps). What can I do do STOP all pimples from forming?? I just don't know what to do... I just want to rip my face off. Today, I popped my first pimple, it was HORRIBLE, and i was about to see someone important... i just used LOTS of germX, and took my 2 index fingers and just kinda pushed in from opposite sides... it was kind of cool but gross... it like "snapped" and there was this whitish paste that came out, like one of those snakes for 4th of july... but PLEASE help me!!!

thanks!

P.S.

Pool party Sunday.

NEED my acne to go away!

lol'd at very moderate, doesn't make sense.

but really just wash your face and hope for the best. see a derma.

I hope this reply isn't too late.

I would suggest you go buy some Visine eye drops. That should take a lot of the redness out of the red pimples. This is supposed to work really well [it's a model's trick].

Please don't pick/aggravate your skin too much! Do you have any neosporin/polysporin or something similar to put on the popped pimples?

Another thing you can do is get a cottonball, pour some hydrogen peroxide on it and hold it on the two big zits [one at a time]. Do this a few times a day. This should shrink them a bit.

Vinegar works well as a spot-treatment. Most like apple cider, but any kind should do. Dilute it with a bit of water, and add lemon juice [from real lemons] if you can.

I think the Dove soap may be clogging your pores.. When you can, I would suggest getting a different kind of soap. Oxy soap has had good reviews here.. you could also try cetaphil's antibacterial soap. Of course I don't know your exact skin type so I can't recommend much. But since it sounds like your pores are really clogged, you should get Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask. It's a clay mask and it's cheap, works really well.

I know it sounds real sad, but I don't have ANY of that stuff. I don't know why. I heard olive oil helps? ( I don't usually have oily skin, I only get oily after eating oily foods). How about Acetone (nail polish remover)? I use Melaleuca cleaning supplies, do you know if any of their products help? Isopropyl alcohol didn't do anything but make my face feel nice and smooth. What about any other home remedy? Garlic? Axe deodorant? I will try ANYTHING!

Thanks!

SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE

I swear if you shave everyday, you can keep acne out, it works and worked for me.

SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE

I swear if you shave everyday, you can keep acne out, it works and worked for me.

So you are suppose to shave even though you have no hair on your face?

ok, so im going to start using Amoxy morning and night.

then im going to use clindamycin morning and night. and at night im going to use differin.

i have mild-moderate acne. does anyone want to tell me if it will work or not. initial breakout will be fine, but im looking for something that will clear within 2 months.

thanks, im going to look up and keep a good attitude for it. please reply or create an account so you can reply to my post.

VERY moderate acne is an interesting way to describe it. anyhow, there's not much you can do to get rid of a pimple so quickly. put some salicylic acid on it, which will help with redness and swelling. other than that, cover-up is the only thing that will truly hide the pimples. and if you have to see someone shortly, dont pop a pimple so soon beforehand! a pimple may be bad enough, but a bleeding, pussy one is MUCH more unattractive, never mind that the temporary swelling and redness that comes after popping will be worse than the original problem. lots of luck.