Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kami-sama

can a 12-yr-old boy use Benzyl Peroxide?

recently my little bro who is 12 started to have some pimples on his forehead and it seems that it's starting to spread down to his cheeks and mouth. His forehead has lots of mild pimples, 2 on the cheeks, and 1 near the mouth. So, can he use BP? how can i know if it's not a right treatment for him?

recently my little bro who is 12 started to have some pimples on his forehead and it seems that it's starting to spread down to his cheeks and mouth. His forehead has lots of mild pimples, 2 on the cheeks, and 1 near the mouth. So, can he use BP? how can i know if it's not a right treatment for him?

This would be ok, he is still developing so try and keep the dosage reasonable, only put it on for the recommendation which is twice a day. This is not right for him is his skin becomes irritant, if he gets very red skin, itchy skin, extremely flaky skin, or if he develops a rash.

hope this helped

good luck to your brother

thanks for the quick reply here, pal. I'm hoping that he'll get better soon. Oh one more question, how long does it take for BP to show results?

thanks for the quick reply here, pal. I'm hoping that he'll get better soon. Oh one more question, how long does it take for BP to show results?

give it a month.

I disagree...if BP is going to work for your brother a few days is sufficient to show that the pimples have reduced in size. If they have not gone smaller and/or disappeared in a few days then he may need to go to dermo.

I think he should just go with something gentle and something that has no chance of irritating your skin.. getting your skin so dependent on acne products suck in the long run.

This is my honest opinion.

edit: ah yeah, I forgot to mention a couple gentle cleansing products.. cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (make sure not to get the oily free version!!!) and "purpose" cleaning thing, I forgot the whole name but I think its in a bottle.

I think he should just go with something gentle and something that has no chance of irritating your skin.. getting your skin so dependent on acne products suck in the long run.

This is my honest opinion.

edit: ah yeah, I forgot to mention a couple gentle cleansing products.. cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (make sure not to get the oily free version!!!) and "purpose" cleaning thing, I forgot the whole name but I think its in a bottle.

I told him to try BP last night and he said he doesn't feel anything when applied the 3-step system regimen. I need to wait till him wake up and see the results until i could come back with more questions. But y'all have been great help. Thanks a lot!

hi again. He woke up this morning and tried the BP again. I noticed that his forehead and the area on his cheeks where he applied the BP looks pretty red, but he said he doesn't feel itchy or anything. It just looks kindda red. Is that normal since this is his second time applying the BP? please help. Thanks.

hi again. He woke up this morning and tried the BP again. I noticed that his forehead and the area on his cheeks where he applied the BP looks pretty red, but he said he doesn't feel itchy or anything. It just looks kindda red. Is that normal since this is his second time applying the BP? please help. Thanks.

could someone please help me? I don't want him to have a severe acne face in the near future, so please, any comments or suggestions would all be appreciated. Please help, thanks.

the first time i used BP it got all red too, but over time [about a week] it starts to go away [the acne and the redness]

have patience and plus hes going thro puberty everybody gets pimples.

redness could be cured by ice.

i would stop the bp, and go to a derm. Ask him for antibiotics or even low dose accutane. You don't want to mess around with acne products, they ALL SUCK.