Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YZF98

Question about the morning....

I'm currently using On-The-Spot and when I wake up, the damn bp is a little crusty on my face. I sometimes try to take a towel to it and lightly brush off the residue but that is kinda irritating at times. My question I suppose is more about bp absorbtion. My variation of the regimen has me only applying the bp at night and this seems to work great for me, however, I was wondering that if I wash my face in the morning to get rid of the residual bp will I in fact be losing the effect of the bp for the rest of the day?

I'd like to think that bp gets fully absorbed into the skin and that washing ones face will not remove it, yet when I sweat at the gym I notice white residue which leads me to believe that maybe it doesnt absorb down as far as I think. So in a nutshell, would it be detrimental to my cause to wash my face in the morning without applying more bp until my evening regimen? All of this probably won't matter though in a couple of weeks (god willing!) when Dan's bp comes out.

i think if you want to use a gentle cleanser in the morning, something like cetaphil, to just help you remove the dry BP you should be fine. Not all of the BP is absorbed into your pores, and the stuff on the surface of your skin in the morning isnt really doing anything to help fight the acne.

You pose an interesting question, and I don't know the answer to it. However, I would simply suggest that you use bp in the morning and add in an alpha hydroxy moisturizer afterward. This will take care of any residue problems post haste. Eucerin Renewal is my fave AHA moisturizer. I'm starting to feel like a Eucerin Renewal salesperson... :-s but it's really that good.

-Dan

When you use Eucerin after the BP, and you sweat from sports activities later in the day, would the BP come off and go white on your face too?

I don't know what to do with the issue of sports and BP coming out with sweat. ](*,)

Dan's gel will solve the white residue problem--it will be available shortly.

Does sweating and BP coming out mean that the BP mask is wearing off and therefore ineffective?

I recently stopped all sports activities because I didn't like wiping sweat from my face after a tough session and possibly taking out the BP along. Should I do sports and sweat from the face anyways? Is it affecting the BP mask?

I suppose it would lessen its effect in a way, since some of it will be wiped off, but it shouldn't come off completely. That's a good question.