Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Audio interview on diet and acne connection with Dr. Cordain

Listen to interview

It’s a long interview, 27 minutes or so I believe, so be forewarned :)

My bottom line: we need more research on the diet and acne connection and can not confidently say at this time whether diet and acne are, or are not, related.

Hi Dan

Great work and an exellent interview.

I don't doubt that Acne and diet are related and I would love to follow the Paloe Diet. For me it's however impossible to follow this diet. First of all I'm lifiting weights several times a week and I really can't afford to get in the right amount of calories by eating just meat, seafood, nuts, vegetables and fruits.

i think that it proberly is related too but it gets me that not everyones diet effects their skin. and i think if i can follow regimen and stay clear if im honest i would rather do that then restrict my diet,honestly.

It was a good interview but the doctor should have mentioned other types of diet too and not just the Paleo diet. According to Leo whose book I bought online, what foods you are intolerant to depends a lot on what your ancestors ate. For example, for me I break out whenever I eat meat. I am originally from India and I believe most of my ancestors were vegetarian. Even now most of my relatives are vegetarians. So maybe my body can't handle the extra hormones in meat. For Westerners, Paleo diet might suit better since their ancestors also ate lot of meat. So there probably cant be one diet which will suit everyone. Basically each one has to experiment and find out their food triggers.

It would be nice if the audio interview was available as a downloadable MP3. That way I could listen to it while doing other stuff. The YouTube methodology of delivery means I am tied to my computer.