Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think so. Well, I have brown skin, so when I tan my dark marks actually blend in with the rest of my skin. My skin looks sooooo much better with a tan.

There's no such thing as a "safe" tan. How your acne looks after you tan depends on your skin. Sun exposure can make your acne worse, especially if you're using treatments that make your skin sensitive to sunlight.

This won't really answer your question cause I'm not sure of the answer but tanning can make you break out even worse. It helps dry up your skin but your skin will compensate by producing more oil and causing more acne. I've only recently started tanning but my acne is in check...I could just be making this up but I feel like using Lac Hydrin 5 helps prevent this from occuring on my face because it helps get rid of dry skin so that it doesn't feel dehydrated, then again that could hinder the tan? Just some thoughts

What I meant by a safe tan was using SPF while tanning ;). I always use a non-comedogenic moisturizer with SPF 15 if I plan on going outside. And I know that sun exposure can cause the skin to produce excess sebum and I've also heard that sunlight causes dead skin cells to clog your pores in what way or another.

Your skin tans as a resultof exposure to UV rays. Most formulas with SPFs are suppose to decrease the effects of UVA and UVB rays on your skin. Wearing an SPF to tan defeats the purpose of getting a tan in the first place. Again, there is no "safe" tan. Though the most intense and dangerous sunrays are UVCs, almost all sunscreens were designed with UVA and UVB rays in mind. If you choose to tan with a sunscreen, keep in mind that while you might be exposed to a small amount of UVA and UVB rays, you're 100% vulnerable to UVCs. HTH