Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Because of my skin i am a lot less social now, and i feel self concious when i talk to people and its hard for me to look people in the eye. I want to return to my old social life style but my skin just bothers me so much. Is there any way to get over this fear?

The best way to get over it is to hide in your room on the weekends and never hang out with friends or family. Works every time!

yes just think once u reborn next time u will be clear person and the people that it clear skin right now next time they will reborn acne person!

The best way to get over it is to hide in your room on the weekends and never hang out with friends or family. Works every time!

why would u do that? go out have fun the more fun u got and the more acne will be less!

Eat healthy and see a dermatologist first of all if you are not already doing so.

Then just go out and live your life. If people judge you because you have acne they are probably not the people you want to be around anyways. I understand what you mean about looking people in the eyes but if they are looking at your eyes it is much better than them looking at your skin.

Because of my skin i am a lot less social now, and i feel self concious when i talk to people and its hard for me to look people in the eye. I want to return to my old social life style but my skin just bothers me so much. Is there any way to get over this fear?

whatever you do, never bottle up any emotion in the hopes it will change you for the better.

why would u do that? go out have fun the more fun u got and the more acne will be less!

:doh: I was being sarcastic. And please keep your reincarnation beliefs to yourself.

i had the same problem and didnt every truely get over it until my skin cleared up,only then did i have any confidence at all.

what i did find helpful is to spend as much time around those that you are MOST comfortable with,i.e your best friends that you would give kidneys to if needs be. After all they really do not care one iota thta you have acne,to them you are just you. And should be able to still be yourself 100% around

i had the same problem and didnt every truely get over it until my skin cleared up,only then did i have any confidence at all.

what i did find helpful is to spend as much time around those that you are MOST comfortable with,i.e your best friends that you would give kidneys to if needs be. After all they really do not care one iota thta you have acne,to them you are just you. And should be able to still be yourself 100% around

This is really true. Spend time with people who like you no matter what.

Believe me, I spent my share of nights crying over my skin, and hiding in the shadows.

The way I got over it was tricking myself into believing I didn't have acne. Of course I knew the truth, but I told myself that I didn't care, that nobody did either, that it wasn't going to effect my life....

.... and then it didn't. I spent time with friends, I laughed, I went out, and I made sure that I was the not the one who was going to be a downer. And I tried never to make it an issue. Tried the keyword, I slipped every now and then, but it really is important.

The oddest thing is, when I braved into the world make-up free... I would keep a smile on my face, and get smiles back even with a break out. It was the best feeling in the world to know that strangers responded to me in a positive way, even with my skin.

Try to forget about it. If you have a great personality people will never even think about your acne. Try to think of good things. Your insecurity will show if you're always worrying about your acne and people will never try to really get to know you. Cheer up. :surprised:

Try to forget about it. If you have a great personality people will never even think about your acne. Try to think of good things. Your insecurity will show if you're always worrying about your acne and people will never try to really get to know you. Cheer up. :surprised:

bs

maybe in a disney movie. not in real life, people are superficial judgemental a holes. Go to a dermatologist, get accutane or whatever medication you can to treat your acne, and have the clearest skin that you possibly can, because thats the best that you can do

ya, i think im gonna get on accutane, but i have to wait til next month to start it, and my face is progressively getting worse every day and my confidence is declining by the second.

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I used to hang out with friends all the time, now I avoid them at all costs. I don't come into work something just because I hate to have people look at me. Every time someone looks at me, I look the other way... even when I'm talking to them. They must think it's pretty weird, but I can't stand having anyone look at me. Just hang in there, hopefully things will get better for you. =)

ya i know exactly what u mean about looking away everytime someone looks at you, i hate making eye contact, i always think they are just staring at my skin.

ya, i think im gonna get on accutane, but i have to wait til next month to start it, and my face is progressively getting worse every day and my confidence is declining by the second.
Definitely take the accutane because of the impact acne is having on your life and in the meantime you could wear light make up

Good luck with ur future Accutane course. I don't know how old you are, but would you consider a public speaking course? or a maybe even drama?