Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
southOCcali

scarring made me feel horrible, help please!?

I never noticed my scarring really because in regular light i cant really even see it. However today i was outside and it was overcast and i caught a glimpse of my self in a tinted window and my face looked absolutly horrible with scarring on my cheeks. I have felt extremely ugly all day today because of this incident. I was just wondering if they will improve at least a little over time, or if theres anything i can do besides surgery right now to help the appearance of them. ThEy are all over my cheeks and they are pretty shallow. If anyone has any hope for me please let me know cuz i feel like shit right now.

I never noticed my scarring really because in regular light i cant really even see it. However today i was outside and it was overcast and i caught a glimpse of my self in a tinted window and my face looked absolutly horrible with scarring on my cheeks. I have felt extremely ugly all day today because of this incident. I was just wondering if they will improve at least a little over time, or if theres anything i can do besides surgery right now to help the appearance of them. ThEy are all over my cheeks and they are pretty shallow. If anyone has any hope for me please let me know cuz i feel like shit right now.

Hi southOCcali,

First of all, welcome to the forum. I have some questions:

How old are you? How old are your scars? Since you say your scars are shallow and you can't notice them in soft light then you are already a fairly lucky person in my book. Thus your scarring may be easier to treat. Tells us more and we may be able to point you in the right direction regarding different treatments that may be helpful.

PS: We know the feeling you described. I know the feeling. It's enough to drive a person mad. Still, we are all here to help and help we can. Don't worry, you will have smooth skin. We all will. :)

im 23 right now and i started getting acne that left scars about 3 years ago so i guess they arent that old. I dont know if shallow scarring will improve over time or not, but i hope it does because this really bothers me. Im also using retin a micro .1% so hopefully that helps. Thank you.

Guest MyScarTech

Guest MyScarTech

im 23 right now and i started getting acne that left scars about 3 years ago so i guess they arent that old. I dont know if shallow scarring will improve over time or not, but i hope it does because this really bothers me. Im also using retin a micro .1% so hopefully that helps. Thank you.

Hey, treatment depends on what kind of scar you have. If you have ice pick scarring (like I do) it's very hard to treat. I've been to a few docs, since I have so many ice picks that are shallow excision is not an option because it would just leave a bigger scar in exchange for a small one. Stick with the Retin-A. It helps but takes a long time. I just had pixel today. My doc said I may be happy after this one if not then after the second. My face BURNS right now, lol. I think this is worth it. You can't use Retin-A during pixel. Since you're scarring is minimal than you might not need too many. Needling helps, however it might be difficult to find someone in your area who needles. It's usually not too much money. The worst feeling is when you go to a hairdresser and you just know they have to be staring at your skin and looking at everyone crater while they are washing your hair in the sink! I HATE going to the hairdresser. When I was researching treatments I found a site I find very helpful, realself. com I look up treatments and find out the satisfaction rate. I had subcision done on two rolling scars I have, it helped some. A lot of ppl have subcision + filler which may be a possibility for me.

Guest MyScarTech

First ...This is an awsome blog...I'm just amazed on all the emotions and support everyone seems to be getting and giving..I Specialize in Scar Corrections and Skin Imperfections...I was told of this site from 1 of my clients..she has mentioned many times how this site has helped her cope with not only with acne but other issues ....after reading some of the blogs in the Scar Treatment sections I never truly new of so many feelings of distachment from friends and family

I wish there was a way I could take care of all of you and give back your confidence to become more social again....I will continue to read and hopfully be able to help in any way..

Lauren

[email protected]

thanks for all the advice everyone, i appreciate it. I think my scars are all rolling but im not exactly sure i need to take a picture in certain light and post it so you guys can tell me. Reality has just hit me because until yesterday i didnt think i had any scars, now i know i do and i cant stand looking myself in the mirror.

this is a familiar tale. the only way i saw how damaged my skin looked was when i was playing with harsh lighting above my head. then i tilted a mirror around until i could see all the shallow rolling scars. do your scars look like small shallow marks where collagen lost?

did you by chance take accutane?

Ohh I'm in the same boat. I didn't really think I had scars until I noticed my face in similar lighting. I feel like I have been walking around thinking I looked ok after all this progress with acne. Turns out I don't.

Oh i hate my scars as well. Thankfully I have long hair that helps shadow those not-so-great areas :(. And now that its summer, i just want to put my hair up. Anyways, on some of the shallow scars I had:), I did 5 treatments of genesis laser and micro-derm. It seemed to really smooth out those types of scars. Then when I was at the derm she did a sample of the tc cross on one pitted scar and I was pleased with the results after just 1 treatment. Best of luck to you!

Hi southOCcali,

If you decide to take pictures of your scars, please do so in the harshest light possible. This will give us a better understanding of the general topography that makes up the surface of your skin. I want to be certain about what types of scars you have because I do not want anyone of us to recommend something that is not appropriate for your condition. Shallow scars can be made worse by many of the invasive procedures out there, so we'll have to go about this in a careful manner that doesn't damage the good skin that surrounds your shallow scars. We'll figure it out... :angel:

first off, i want to tell u that tinted windows make your marks seem much darker than they do to the human eye.

next i want to give u a simple solution that is priceless.

omega 3-6-9 pills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i take 6-7 a day and u will notice a change within days. with food!! if i use the kind they sell in whole foods.

try it please!!!!!!!!

i take omega pills everday, however not as many as u do. Are you serious u saw results in a couple days? thats hard to beleive.

I hope my skin just looks worse in certain lighting and certain tinted windows than it really is but i doubt it, and I will take a picture as soon as i can remember.

first off, i want to tell u that tinted windows make your marks seem much darker than they do to the human eye.

next i want to give u a simple solution that is priceless.

omega 3-6-9 pills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i take 6-7 a day and u will notice a change within days. with food!! if i use the kind they sell in whole foods.

try it please!!!!!!!!

I take one flax seed oil pill a day. Have you had any side effects while taking that many? I also have fish oil pills. Have you seen a difference in your acne (if you still break out that is)? I wonder if I should switch.