Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sotret99

3rd time on accutane log

I took accutane 2 other times and it worked perfectly!! I didnt have acne for a long time afterwards each time but, here we go again. Im a 24 year old male, and I recently started breaking out again. My derm gave me retin-a and doxyminocyclin at first and it turned a small problem into a really annoying one. That stuff sucks avoid it if you can. Finally got my sotret 4 days ago.

DAY 4

No side effects really yet. Just a little dry lips. I already started heavy on the aquaphor to keep it under control. Its important to start before the dryness I found that out the hard way the first time. Also, I put mosturizer on a Q-tip and use it inside my nose to prevent nosebleeds. It really does help.

As far as acne goes, I got 3 painful ones fully active on my right temple. They started forming right when I started taking the accuatane, so I dont think its part of the IB. I also got a couple going down on my cheek area, and one on my left temple. Ill try and get some pics posted

I cant wait for the acne to be under control enough where I feel confident going out and hanging out with people again! I hate it right now. The countdown begins!!

Thanks for stoppin by I can use the support. I never talk about my acne with anyone in real life, I dont think any1 knows how much it truely bothers me.

DAY 7

Since I started I havent had a new one pop up yet. The ones that were on my face have been dying down. Mostly just red marks now, but I still have one that is active on the right side of my face. Its been there for over a week and doesnt seem to be going down I dont get it?

Im starting to feel the side effects a little bit. When I wake up in the morning my eyes are very dry. My skin also feels different. Sort of like a wierd mix between dry and oily, I cant explain the feeling.

DAY 8

I think my IB has started. My skin is wayyy oily today. I got a new one on me forehead that I literally did not have when I went into work, and it was there when I came out. Also, one on my right cheek, and 2 on my neck on the right side. One of the two is really big and painful, and I usually never get acne in that area. Pretty shitty day today.

DAY 12

OK this is starting to suck. I have two spots where the acne had died and it was fading away, and then out of nowhere they started swelling up again?? what the hell. thats annoying, plus I got 2 new ones, one on my left temple and one on my left cheek. My skin is still purging oil so it looks oily, but also its starting to dry up around my mouth area and be flaky, so my skin is just all over the place. my lips are chapped, and my eyes are really dry. Im so irritated at this point I cant wait for this stuff to finally start doing something good

DAY 17

YA! This is the first time since I started breaking out again that I'm almost totally clear. All I have on my face are two really small ones that are on there way down, one on my forehead and one on my cheek. The ones I had before dried out really fast and faded and you can barely see them now. They dont even bother me I actually don't feel like I have to hide today.

Ive been on accutane a couple times before and I realize that the medication is just starting to work and I'm sure there will be some more breakouts coming, but I'm happy today at least. My skin is getting pretty dry now, not every day, but every other day or so when I wake up around my mouth is flaky and I have to mostruize it. Also, lips are getting a bit more chapped, but thats it as far as side effects.

Just to update, after this round of accutane 4 years ago I have remained clear ever since. It took 3 rounds, but accutane saved me everytime and the final time appeared to be the permanent fix. If you are on the fence about accutane, you need to get it

i agree! i've just started my second course, although the derm said it would be much shorter this time. i'm so glad to hear it worked for you. congrats!

Just to update, after this round of accutane 4 years ago I have remained clear ever since. It took 3 rounds, but accutane saved me everytime and the final time appeared to be the permanent fix. If you are on the fence about accutane, you need to get it

i fucking love these stories!!! love em!!

Let me ask you something....

i've been on accutane twice and my acne continues.

would be the third round that could clear me for life?

Could you tell me more about your experience?

Thanks a lot