Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was at the Nutrition store today and the shop keep recommended a probiotic for my acne (Mild acne at times when very bad moderate) Anyway I've been on a really good diet and it has helped, taking 5m mg zinc, as well as Iodine and MSM on top of a multi-vitamin daily.

This Probiotic contains 50 billion cultures, its a 10 strain probiotic formula. I have heard of members here using probiotic but as far as I know its for people who have intestine problems like leaky gut. I don't think its for me what do you guys think?

I take them. I get them at Trader Joe's. It can't hurt, and gives your system good bacteria.

I say go for it, if you can afford it. Was the supplement refrigerated? If not, I would wait until you see a refrigerated one. They are more effective.

i take probiotics every morning. they are crucial to your well-being. Everyone's body has good bacteria, that how we stay alive basically, and the probiotics add to that good bacteria and work together for a well-balanced system...and basically, i'm no scientist, but it helps alot with digestion and helps you digest and break down what you eat better and gather all the good stuff and remove that bad.

When u do take the b acteria tho, make sure that you do not take them with hot beverages or foods such as coffee, b/c it kills them.

I say go for it, if you can afford it. Was the supplement refrigerated? If not, I would wait until you see a refrigerated one. They are more effective.

Yes it was refrigerated, seemed like a good company too named Flora. Isn't 50 Billion too much...I've heard people taking 20 Billion or 30 Billion.

I know, I have mine from udos, and I AM SCARED to take mine...lol..

I need to though, because I am not going to Bm,regularly and I am getting worried again..

I will take them tommorow, without a doubt!!

This Probiotic contains 50 billion cultures, its a 10 strain probiotic formula. I have heard of members here using probiotic but as far as I know its for people who have intestine problems like leaky gut. I don't think its for me what do you guys think?

Most of us have upset the balance of microbes in our system from antibiotics and other prescription drugs and lifestyle. Intestine problems like leaky gut are just some of the observable symptoms that some people get.

The probiotics will also help protect you from getting sick from things like e.Coli and salmonella.

Yes it was refrigerated, seemed like a good company too named Flora. Isn't 50 Billion too much...I've heard people taking 20 Billion or 30 Billion.

That's not too much. I take over 100 billion a day and some people take much more, though it gets expensive. You may get some upset stomache as your system adjusts but it should go away quickly. If they're really good and you have candida, you could get some die-off like I did for a few days.

Guest wickedaznguy

I would recommend to take it because it will rid or decrease your acne. I take culturelle 10 billion live.

No doubt Probiotic play huge role in our digestion flora. Go for it take everday. I mostly buy Natren probiotics since that brand company only makes probiotics and advanced.

So I have my probiotuc..

How long will it take before it will start to help with my digestion?

I have udos...

I just started it today..

I have not had a bm..in 3,almost 4 full days..and I need to know if eventually, like next week, hopefully this probiotic will promte me going bm rgularly.

How long does it take guys?

Thanks!!

I take a probotics every morning, or which mornings I remember to. It wasn't started out for acne, but it seems to be playing a decent role in helping clear up my skin. :D

I have made up my mind and decided to buy the probiotics simply because it might help my acne...and its good for my body, also because I just found $25 on the sidewalk (BOOYA hasnt happened to be in about 4 years...when I found $85) I will report on my findings very soon.

Oh Iodine and MSM (mostly Iodine I believe) has really helped my acne fade...and really good for marks thus far.

My dietitian warned me though that depending on the manufacturer, these bacteria perish very easily so if the "vehicle" they are in aka capsule is not very good, you end up losing billions of them by the time you actually ingest.

Kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, and similar cultured food products are way more powerful than most probiotic supplements because they actually make it through the stomach alive and get the good bacteria to its destination in the intestines. Cultured dairy products can really be your ally, even if you have problems with straight pasteurized non cultured forms.

Thunder_cloud ,please specify...

Cause this is confusing....even if you are allergic/sensative to milk.soy...you can have yogurt, for its good bacteria?

if so, what kind and where do you buy?

I just dont undersaynd if WE are allergic to milk/soy..and we are fightint candida..how eating milk/soy would help us, and not break us out....or am I missing something?

I like sauerkraut, but I never heard of it containg probiotics..where do I get sauerkraut..My mom used to make it, but I dont know how?

And keifer, what is it, can you buy it, do you make it...does it contain milk/dairy soy ext...if so would that bother us whom are sensative/allergic to those foods?

Please help!

thanks!