Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on accutane for just a little over 3 months and I've had this rash kind of thing around my nose/mouth area. It kind of just looks like a bunch of small red dots. My derm told me that it wasn't acne and that it could be this one type of skin problem (But I forget the name). She said that it's nothing serious but its just annoying me because it's always there and it gets very dry. Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of thing on accutane and how to treat it? I was also wondering if this went away immediately after you stopped the treatment or if it stayed?

I think I know what you're talking about. I had it when I was 3 weeks into accutane and it look like a circle, maybe eraser size at most. But it was red and very noticeable, and in the middle it was flat, kind of looks like a volcano crater. I thought for sure it was ringworm, so I use some Lamasil cream on it. Then 3 days later it was gone. Soon after I spoke with my derm and she said it's definitely not ringworm cause ringworm last way longer than 3 days. She said it could be just a reaction from accutane. Ever since I never had it anymore, so maybe you can try lamasil and see how it do for you.