Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ichybon

Will The Dryness End?!?

This will be the 4th day on the regimen and up until now I did not have any problems with dry skin. Now I have white dry areas around my outer lip and lower nostril area. Those dry areas just feel awful and even hurts slightly. I have been applying moisture "15 mins. after applying BP" twice a day. I also use chapstick regularly throughout the day. I think I need to bring a small amount of moisturizer to work tomorrow to apply during the middle of the day.

Should I try using less BP? "using about 3/4 - 1 pump twice a day"

Or . . . just wait it out and hope it doesn't get any worst. :dontgetit:

The first week was definitely the worst for the dry red face dandruff stuff, I started adding emu oil at night and jojoba oil during the day to dan's moisturizer and that seemed to help a lot. Tomorrow will be the 6 week mark for me and I still have some dryness and flakies but its much more manageable and I really really hope that they should stop soon. I keep a little container of lotion in my purse and reapply to some of the flaky spots throughout the day (once or twice)

I don't know that decreasing the bp would really do much at this point since the damage is already done and even if you decrease the amount you're still going to have dry skin anyway

dryness definitely ends, flakiness is a little harder to deal with but that tight feeling should be gone soon enough. if you can, get some jojoba as its one of the closest things we have to your skins own natural sebum, therefore its like your skin is remoisturising itself when you apply it and its non comedogenic. make sure you're not washing with hot water/standing under hot showers too long, and that you have a gentle cleanser and just keep remoisturising.

Hi :)

I also keep a small container of moisturiser in my bag and reapply throughout the day as I need to. At the moment I'm reapplying fairly often, but I'm hoping this won't be the case forever and that my skin will get used to it. I agree with HB's - jojoba should help reduce dryness. I wouldn't reduce the amount of BP if it's only a small area which is affected, but maybe try moisturising the dry areas first, before the rest of your face, so that you don't drag BP from other areas of your face there as well? Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. Seems strange that I have the dryness only in certain areas, but I'm glad it's not my entire face or I don't think I could go out in public like that :silenced:

Today I was applying a little moisturizer on my dry areas every 2 hours when i was on break at work. It sometimes felt worst than it really looked, having to go to the restroom to look in the mirror now and then just to come and find out that it didn't look that bad at all. "but still not normal"

I will see how tomorrow goes *crosses fingers

You may have started out with too much bp too soon. You may want to decrease it and take it slower. If the flaking is pretty bad, you might want to try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion if you're in the US. It is in almost all drug stores so it's easy to find and almost always takes care of flaking.