Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I have suffered from acne almost my entire life and I am now 28. I have used everything topical and every antibiotic there is. I also used Accutane about 8 years ago. It worked for a few years and now it is back again. I am getting whiteheads constantly and my skin is really oily. I also have melasma, so birth control is not an option for me. I really want to try spiro after hearing so many great things about it. I asked my dermatologist for it and he told me no. He gave me retin-a which I have already used like 10 years ago! I dont think he knows too much about prescribing it for acne..he seemed really skeptical about it. So....I was wondering if I could order it somehow without a prescription? Has anyone done this and have you found a legit place? I dont feel like wasting my money on dermatologists that are just going to tell me no. Or is there a way to see if a derm will prescribe spiro before you even go there? I live in Phoenix, AZ. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I personally would never order anything like this without a prescription. Not to mention that you should get your potassium levels checked before going on this drug. My advice would be to try out another dermatologist. I would first try and look around for a really good dermatologist. Do your research and then call them and tell then exactly why you need to come in. Topicals didn't work for me either and even though my current derm started me on them, after 3 months of no results, he out me on spiro.

Good luck!

What I did is write a detailed letter to our derm before coming in to request spiro. I had read "The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman" by Dr. Geoffrey Redmond so I had lots of information. He acted like he had heard all about it before LOL and prescribed it. I don't think he had because we had been there many times before. I have heard since that he is prescribing it more now...