Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HTID Mike

Herbal Medicine

Well basicaly a year ago i started getting really bad breakouts of cystic acne where i would get big inflamed lumps/spots on my face that swelled up. i had tried antibiotics, homeopathy, changing my diet, and also taking supplements such as taurine but none of them worked.

My mum then told me of a herbalist which had been reconmened by our local hospital for her asthma so i decided to give it a go seens as i had nothing to loose. i went to him and told him my situation and at the time i was in the middle of an out break so i could show and explain exactly what was happening. He gave me a herbal tincture mix to take 3 times a day and also gave me some nettle tea to take twice a day which i have been taking for 3 months now.

since i have been taking these i have not had anymore cycts and bad outbreaks of spots and my skin is clearing up nicely. i have stoped taking any antibiotics and i have also stoped using facial washes, i just wash my face with water twice a day. i have also noticed that if i keep milk out of my diet i get even better results!

So has anyone else had any luck with this?

A lot of people say their acne clears up when they stop consuming milk products, so that may be a key part of your regimen.

What herbs exactly are in the tincture you were given? I have not heard of nettle helping with acne before, but it is a well-known herb that is used for other ailments so I guess it does not surprise me that it might have played a role in reducing your acne.

Nettle is probably one of the most effective herbs! it does wonders for your body. It is an anti-inflamatory and cleansing herb. it is rich in many nutrients such as calcium and iron. I drink it in tea form, and it does a good job :)

well before i started taking this herbal stuff i noticed that milk products were making my acne worse so i cut it out of my diet but i still had outbreaks, but as soon as i started taking this herbal mix i have not had 1 cyct or bad breakout. i have even started to introduce some milk products back into my diet but i just dont drink milk directly, although i have noticed that when i eat chocolate i do get the odd one or two annoying spots or pimples so i try not to.

Im not 100% sure if i am reading what is on the tincture label correctly as the womans hand writing is abit hard to read but this is what i think it says: Blue Flag, Burdock, Echinacea, and cleavers.

Anway it seems to be working for me :angel:

Dont try this stuff , it's a waste of money and pretty expensive. Bascially all it does it clean out your system. You can just go to any Walmart store and buy Walmacil fiber pill and it does the same thing. I was on that herb stuff a good 5 months and wasted money on buying the clay pot to cook it too as well. Now I am taking accutane and Walmacil fiber pill.

Dont try this stuff , it's a waste of money and pretty expensive. Bascially all it does it clean out your system. You can just go to any Walmart store and buy Walmacil fiber pill and it does the same thing. I was on that herb stuff a good 5 months and wasted money on buying the clay pot to cook it too as well. Now I am taking accutane and Walmacil fiber pill.

Yer but if its working for me why should i. ive had no problems since i started taking it and ive been on it for nearly 4 months. i just thought ide let people know about it and tell them what its doing for me. oh and whats the clay pot for and what were you cooking in it?

I just went to the herbalist and told him my problem and he gave me a tincture mix which i take 3 times a day and drink the nettle tea twice a day like i said.

I dont have to do anything else.

Yer but if its working for me why should i. ive had no problems since i started taking it and ive been on it for nearly 4 months. i just thought ide let people know about it and tell them what its doing for me. oh and whats the clay pot for and what were you cooking in it?

I just went to the herbalist and told him my problem and he gave me a tincture mix which i take 3 times a day and drink the nettle tea twice a day like i said.

I dont have to do anything else.

You ever watched those Chinese movies where the herbalist gives the patient a bunch of different so-call tree bark/ ginseng etc. Well mines was just like that, I had like 6-7 different kinds of I don't know what that I had to cook in a clay pot and not to mention that it tasted like shit. I drank it 2x a day, 1 in the mourning and 1 at night for roughly 5 months. My wife was the one to convince me to try this or else I woulda just went to the derm in the 1st place and got accutane.

was there no other herbalist u could go to where you could get a tincture mix made?

I could have been put on accutane but the side effects scared the shit out of me and im glad i didnt now.

hello! thi isn't acne related but i was really sick with a urine infection a few nights ago. left me awake all night long and i didn't sleep a wink. i remember my nettle tea at 5am, hurrah! sorted me right out. no jokes, urine infection was gone. HURRAH FOR NETTLE!!! it is brilliant!