Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Acne dysmorphia, put simply, is the obsessive thought that the sufferer's skin is irregular or disgusting. In most cases they do have acne, but even when the acne is very mild or even non-apparent, the person will believe that they have "horrible skin" or "terrible acne". A sufferer is usually not far from a mirror, and may obsessively and relentlessly check for imperfections." --the describtion on the org.

Its me. I've been reading about it and it describes everything about me and my acne.

Ok, to backup, I'll tell you about me & my acne. I'm a 13 year old girl, and a frequent visitor of the site. I'm sure many of you have probably seen my around or read some of my posts. I've been suffering from acne for about a year, but only recently, about the last 2 months, have I really started to become affected by it. I'M OBSESSED. I check my face in the mirror all the time. On one site it said people who have this disorder often look in the mirror dozens of times a day and I probably look in the mirror cloe to 25 times a day. I make sure my makeup is perfect. I pick at every little thing I see, which I've tried to stop, but I can't.

I'm scared out of my mind, but relieved that I finally figured out whats wrong with me. I've always compared myself to to someone with anorexia, except acne version, which is what a lot of the websites have compared it to as well. I want to be able to get help, but I don't want to be put on pills for it or go to a psychologist. Suggestions? I know this disorder will affect me forever unless I get help. The websites have all said it can lead to suicide, which has crossed my mind but I would never do it. I'm just afraid it will get bad enough and my life will be in danger. Dont tell me not to commit suicide, cause I'm not going to, I just need suggestions on what to do.

honestly, considering your age, give the acne.org regimen a full try and make sure you follow every last detail to the t.

I have the same exact thing. I look in the mirror every chance I get, and I only look up close so I don't have to see my whole face in the mirror. I havent looked at myself normally in years. I also need help.

I'm on a regimen. As soon as I discovered this disorder, I took another look at myself and discovered that my face isn't that bad. But that doesn't mean anything. I'm still going to continue the obsessive behavior. I need help, but thats the last thing I want.

I'm on a regimen. As soon as I discovered this disorder, I took another look at myself and discovered that my face isn't that bad. But that doesn't mean anything. I'm still going to continue the obsessive behavior. I need help, but thats the last thing I want.

i need help aswell. if you find anything that helps let me know!!!!