Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm scheduled to start taking Accutane next week (2nd day of my period). Well this week i went to the gyn. and it turned out I had a cervical infection and a urinary tract infection, so i was given antibiotics to take for a week. Timewise, it should be ok, since i should be done with them before starting accutane. The docs said it's even ok to overlap a day or so,

But i'm worried. Is it safe to take accutane if you're recovering from an infection like this. will it affect anything or make me more sick? And what if i get another infection like this DURING accutane treatment? will i have to stop>

thank you!!!!!!!

First things first, don't worry about it! smile.gif It's nothing to be scared of or anything. Saying that, I'd personally wait a couple of weeks after it has cleared up before starting accutane just to be on the safe side. Accutane can stop your body healing as well, so it would be safer just to wait until it's all gone before you start accutane.

How are you feeling about going on accutane? Looking forward to the clear skin? O:)

i checked with the doctor today and she said it would be fine if i went ahead and started accutane with my next period which (hopefully) should be next week. I hope these infections don't throw off my period.

anyway, yes, i'm really excited about starting accutane, well...not the accutane of course but the clear skin! i don't even remember what that's like! smile.gif