Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
femme_fatale

Sculptra and Erbium Yag Laser

So I finally saw a really good derm today. I was pretty comfortable with him and he spent a considerable amount of time with me discussing my options. For the scarring on my cheeks (that I got a few months ago due to a glycolic acid peel incident) they plan on injecting the middle areas of my cheekbones with sculptra (one side is more damaged than the other the other ones fairly minor so they plan on working more on one side) and then they will use the erbium yag laser only on my cheeks while using a laser micropeel on the smooth areas of the rest of my face because they want to make sure I am one even color. I may need most likely follow up treatments of sculptra and they're also keen on using the Palomar 1540 to help promote further collagen formation.

I saw some very impressive before/after pics of many people with acne scarring some who had older scarring and some like me with scars that were new and there was major improvement 2-3 months later. They are skeptical about me needing more than one laser treatment although they do plan on using sculptra and the Palomar afterwards.

I believe this is going to cost me up to 8000 total. God I hope this helps even just a little.

Anyone else have any experience with sculptra, the Erbium Yag, or the Palomar?

hi femme_fatale i received 2 sculptra injections and love it.it filled out stubborn scars that would'nt respond to 6 fraxels.it also gave me a more youthfull look,i'm turning 40 this month.I have a question,your doctor is doing sculptra first,then laser?i asked my doctor if it would interfere with sculptra and he said no because sculptra is deeper then a laser can go.i'm still skeptical,so i'm asking a lot of derm offices accross the country and they said no problem also.

hi femme_fatale i received 2 sculptra injections and love it.it filled out stubborn scars that would'nt respond to 6 fraxels.it also gave me a more youthfull look,i'm turning 40 this month.I have a question,your doctor is doing sculptra first,then laser?i asked my doctor if it would interfere with sculptra and he said no because sculptra is deeper then a laser can go.i'm still skeptical,so i'm asking a lot of derm offices accross the country and they said no problem also.

Hey my derm basically wants the sculptra done only to those particular scars on my temples not full face. The left side of my face is really bad where after the glycolic peel my scars are very jagged and very uneven in that area so he was quite concerned when he looked at it. They aren't small tiny scars either they are big jagged uneven scars spread out over the temple. He said its necessary for them to do the sculptra first and then resurface otherwise if they only laser it I might wind up with one big depression in that part of my face.

I am 25 years old no wrinkles. The rest of my skin's pretty flawless forehead, nose, upper cheeks, lower cheeks, chin. No active breakouts at all.

I will see another derm for a second opinion on the 30th to see his thoughts on what should be done before I start something next month.

I'm glad you're pleased with the results from sculptra and hope I will be pleased by the time they do these procedures on me as well. I've been quite upset the past few months and even a minor improvement would make me happy.

who is your derm? and where,i would like to ask some questions.Funny thing is i was up last night thinking of a yag laser,but i was nervous because of the sculptra which is also in my temple area.

I also have no wrinkles but when i meant youthfull,i meant it filled out underneath my eyes etc.

I lost collagen during the scarring process,so now i look like i should have had this not happened.

I know you will be happy with sculptra,but you have to give it time to work.i seen amazing results at the 3 month mark.yours could be 2 months,everyones different.i think the skill of the surgeon plays a huge role in all this.sculptra has to be dilluted a day before injections,as to avoid lumps.

make sure of that,i'm sure he knows this,but what the hell ask anyway.i did my homework when it comes to a derm.my derm has 3 offices,but he also teaches young derms in nyc how to inject properly,so that sits well with me.i have no lumps and its been 4 months since my first injection and 2 months since my last.very happy with it.