Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danny©

What to eat for a beautiful skin

I just realized we doesn't have a thread about eating for beautiful skin.

Since we're so obsessed with acne we better make sure we doesn't just reverse and prevent acne but also that we have a beatiful skin to show under those pimples. What if you have spent the last 6 years avoiding any social life waiting for your acne to disappear and when it occurs your skin is even worse than your acne was?!

We often talks about acne, people with acne and people without acne. But acne is not the only problem. Many people don't have acne but dull lifeless skin with a poor complexion and texture. But we want silky beautiful skin. Maybe we developed acne at 12 when our skin below the pimples was still beautiful and we thought "if only those pimples disappeared I could show how beautiful my skin underneath that stuff is" and maybe 8 years later we're thinking the same thing only that after 8 years the skin below the pimples, the acne-free skin might not be so beautiful.

I have talked with several people who got depressed because of the same reason.

Everything for them stopped the first time they discovered their acne so they think when acne is gone they can stop the stand-by on their life and recover from where they left.

But their skin didn't go on stand-by and actually lost all the child-like perfection http://i33.tinypic.com/35ba4o2.jpg in the meantime.

Do you think that as long as your diet remove your acne it also makes your skin the most beautiful ever? Have you ever thought about the beauty of your skin other than acne in itself? What eating approach or foods do you think promotes the beauty of the skin?

Plenty of good fats, raw vegetables, and sleep make my skin glow. Which reminds me, I need to get more of all of those=) Oh and not obsessing about what foods make me break out equals less stress for me equals better skin-thats what problem with this board. It stresses me out and some people are too uptight. This is a great post!

Im still tring to figure this out. My acne is gone but my skin looks like shit, like really bad. Its just red and nasty looking, seriously not much of an improvement from when i had bad acne.

Im still tring to figure this out. My acne is gone but my skin looks like shit, like really bad. Its just red and nasty looking, seriously not much of an improvement from when i had bad acne.

hmm whats your diet like and what products(if any) are you using?

NO: GLUTEN, SUGARS AND REFINED SUGARS, REFINED STARCHES, PASTURIZED DAIRY, COFFEE, SODA,

YES: PROBIOTICS, RAW VEGETABLES/FRUITS, LOTS OF LOTS OF WATER AND LEMON JUICE.

also, i have been making my own iced tea at home. what i do is i take like 10 different teas including stinging nettle, camomille, roibos, rosehip, bija detox tea and other cleansing teas, and i put them together to make one big tea....i've been doing this for about 2 weeks, and lemme tell you that drinking this stuff is like magic. because of all the detoxing and cleansing that these teas provide, you pee out all the toxins and not only is your body healthy as ever, but your skin as well!!!!

I'm starting to think that by cutting out the crap I'll get clear, and by adding in fats, green smoothies, ACV, e.v.o.o., coconut oil, probiotics i'll get the much desired 'glow'

my skin glows :P but i have scars , red spot.. few acne. >_<

But it glows atleast!!!

I do eat lots of fruits / veggies ... i eat to many nuts.. going to avoid it. :>_<

prolly breaking out cause of it.

I eat White rice =\

i have toooo , saw is good for muscle.

I buy the organic one.

other then that i eat healthy. :P

My mom says sometime " wow ur skin glows"

I use proactiv solution also >_> makes my skin nice.'

But it glows atleast!!!

I do eat lots of fruits / veggies ... i eat to many nuts.. going to avoid it. :>_<

I eat White rice =\

I buy the organic one.

nuts are actually very good for your skin, well not all nuts, but ALMONDS in particular because of their oil...it is essential to have at least a handfull everyday. Try to avoid the roasted nuts, beer nuts and cashews...although they are amazing, their oil is the least beneficial and the most high in calories. but almonds, hemp nuts, pumpkin seeds are very very VERY good for you...so eat as much as you want!!!!

But it glows atleast!!!

I eat White rice =\

I buy the organic one.

nuts are actually very good for your skin, well not all nuts, but ALMONDS in particular because of their oil...it is essential to have at least a handfull everyday. Try to avoid the roasted nuts, beer nuts and cashews...although they are amazing, their oil is the least beneficial and the most high in calories. but almonds, hemp nuts, pumpkin seeds are very very VERY good for you...so eat as much as you want!!!!

What about brazil nuts? i eat those :/ atleast 8 a day.

could that be it that i am getting break out?

Yes i buy the Almond butter Raw ,

all natural.. can't find organic.. , Ingredient is Almond butter RAW

but it says at bottom " it may processed Peanut , tree nuts .. etc

could be bad?? it taste great :/ I eat this with apples

will just not buy Brazil nut and see if i get break out :) if i do then will avoid almond also

cause i am eating healthy..

just fruits and veggies , plenty of water , i take Fish oil

and i eat spanish white rice ( with veggies in it , Seasoning.. etc )

which this is what all spanish eats.. , no way i will stop eating white rice.

^^ wont eat everyday though , Learning to cook brown rice.. i always make it wrong :(

yeah i buy the organic white rice. and i get break out will avoid white rice and get back to nuts

lol

I guess i need to find out what is giving me break out

hmm whats your diet like and what products(if any) are you using?

Diet is basically meats(all grassfed organic), eggs(again, pastured/organic eggs), plenty of good fats(raw grassfed butter, coconut oil, ghee, olive oil), lots of veggies(either from my garden or a local organic farm), green smoothie w/ homemade raw kefir everyday, little bit of fruit and nuts. Thats about it. I cook everything i eat. oh, i take 2 tsp. of cod liver oil a day. I dont really eat grains. they dont cause any skin problems they just make me feel crappy.

I dont use anything on my face. Just wash real quickly with water when I feel the need. Every product I have ever tried just makes things worse. I think im just doomed to bad skin no matter what, probably from using Proactiv for years with no moisturizer or anything. I honestly would say that most people w/ acne have better skin than me. ive just been letting my beard grow the past couple months to help cover it up

Diet is basically meats(all grassfed organic), eggs(again, pastured/organic eggs), plenty of good fats(raw grassfed butter, coconut oil, ghee, olive oil), lots of veggies(either from my garden or a local organic farm), green smoothie w/ homemade raw kefir everyday, little bit of fruit and nuts. Thats about it. I cook everything i eat. oh, i take 2 tsp. of cod liver oil a day. I dont really eat grains. they dont cause any skin problems they just make me feel crappy.

I dont use anything on my face. Just wash real quickly with water when I feel the need. Every product I have ever tried just makes things worse. I think im just doomed to bad skin no matter what, probably from using Proactiv for years with no moisturizer or anything. I honestly would say that most people w/ acne have better skin than me. ive just been letting my beard grow the past couple months to help cover it up

Wow. Maybe it is from BP and will just take time. The only things I can think of is try eliminating one thing at a time to make sure you aren't eating something you are allergic and causing inflammation.

Try topical aloe vera if you haven't already tried it. I have rosacea and when it was still a problem (before diet) aloe helped more than any prescription. I still use it now mixed with green tea and niacinimide which could also help you.

Bwaa! I can't remember ever having glowing skin! :(

This is a really good thread, 'cause I've been wondering a lot lately about how to improve the texture and overall health of my skin. I think I can beat acne, but I'm left with a skin that looks very damaged (a lot of blackheads and enlarged/weird pores).

Hmm... I think I'm going to buy Omega capsules now. I already take one multivitamin a day.

He is just a kid... below age 13?

at that age i had perfect skin >_>

how come his cheek is red?

make up much? :D

I think that picture might even be photoshopped....I mean even kids' skin has a texture, right? But he's definitely not wearing makeup. Some people just have naturally slightly flushed cheeks.

Wow. Maybe it is from BP and will just take time. The only things I can think of is try eliminating one thing at a time to make sure you aren't eating something you are allergic and causing inflammation.

Try topical aloe vera if you haven't already tried it. I have rosacea and when it was still a problem (before diet) aloe helped more than any prescription. I still use it now mixed with green tea and niacinimide which could also help you.

I already eliminated basically everything from the start. I went on a meat and veggies only diet and that is what initially cleared my acne. I started adding stuff back in and never noticed any adverse effects. I tried aloe in the past and it broke me out really bad. I honestly can not put anything on my face for "moisture" that doesnt clog my pores horribly. Its crazy, since i have been clear i have tried quite a few moistirizers and after about 2 days i notice lots of clogged pores so is top before things get bad. Im hoping time will be the answer.

Bwaa! I can't remember ever having glowing skin! :(

This is a really good thread, 'cause I've been wondering a lot lately about how to improve the texture and overall health of my skin. I think I can beat acne, but I'm left with a skin that looks very damaged (a lot of blackheads and enlarged/weird pores).

Hmm... I think I'm going to buy Omega capsules now. I already take one multivitamin a day.

He is just a kid... below age 13?

More likely 11

at that age i had perfect skin >_>

how come his cheek is red?

All young children below 12 have red cheeks.

It seems to have to do with proper blood flow.

If you check a picture of you at age 7 (provided the light is enough) you'll see the same red cheeks. But I know that when people have superior health and superior nutrition and healthy skin, no matter their age, they get the same rosy cheeks of young children.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/12331634...cf1abc6.jpg?v=0

I think eating fruits (all colors), veggies (all colors), fish, nuts and cod liver oil make the texture better. Infact, when I added cod liver oil, it really helped my skin to what it was before. But I still don't have good texture yet. But its better than before :cool: Btw I don't think I ever had flawless skin like that kid.

btw his skin Isn't perfect :) he has red cheek :D:D:D

i'll trade everything to get my skin look 80% like that kid D:

I think eating fruits (all colors), veggies (all colors), fish, nuts and cod liver oil make the texture better. Infact, when I added cod liver oil, it really helped my skin to what it was before. But I still don't have good texture yet. But its better than before :cool: Btw I don't think I ever had flawless skin like that kid.

I might try Cod liver oil. >_<

my skin is alright.. just few acne... guess i need to eliminate white rice. :( but i loveeeeeeeee ittttttttttt

I might try Cod liver oil. >_<

my skin is alright.. just few acne... guess i need to eliminate white rice. :( but i loveeeeeeeee ittttttttttt

Don't worry. You get used to the taste of the cod liver after a while.

You can try sweet potatoes and quinoa instead of rice. they are pretty yummy :cool: