Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masshi

Is there any reason you should moisturize your face if...

I want to know as well. What if you have normal skin with very mild/non-inflamed acne, no flaking, and even 10% BP products don't dry your skin to a point of flakiness. Should I still moisturize?

Some people say you should moisturize regardless, but I think the prevailing opinion is that moisturizer is an as-needed product. I've sampled "moisturizers" for oily skin that are so matte they don't even do anything even if you do have flaky spots, which begs the question of what's the point of a moisturizer that adds no moisture? There are some good moisturizing-but-matte-and-oil-free ones out there if you find yourself needing one, but I wouldn't bother with it if you never feel dry. It would just be one more product to have to worry about causing you clogs.

It is still adding hydration your skin needs whether you feel you need it or not. I agree with Dan. He always recommends moisturizer no matter what type of skin you have.

I also agree with Dan you should still moisturizer also I think the best moisturizer is CereVe hands down!!!

I have oily skin and I stopped using moisturizer a couple of months ago. It's WAY better for me. My face doesn't even get shiny anymore unless I work up a sweat and I don't have nearly the amount of clogged pores I used to have. I started a couple of other things at the same time but this definitely helped. Just don't use it on a regular basis but keep it around for when you need it.

I use small amount of moisturiser every day even though I have oily skin. First, I feel so good about it. Second, many moisturisers for oily skin contains oil-absorbants such as silica, and it's always nice to supply your skin with some antioxidants and other good staffs, even if you don't NEED them right now. So, I'd say it's not necessarily unnecessary.. ;) Moisturiser is not all about moisturising any longer.

Use CeraVe your skin wont get oily or shiny trust me you will like it go read the reviews

That's not entirely true. :naughty:

If you have oily skin moisturizer will just make it worse.