Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nichole xxx

just had the fractional co2 laser treatment done today

hii everybody. :wub:

well this morning i went in for my first fractional co2 laser treatment. overall, it was NOT a fun experience. ugh. i've been dreading this day. heres how it went:

woke up, washed my face, applied the numbing cream stuff they make you buy. ugh that stuff smells and feel weird if you get some on your lips. drove to the place. then took off the numbing cream with some alcohol. then the lady applied some kinda of antibiotic cream and then started the laser. she started on my left cheek and it hurt, but could have been way worse. the smell was sooo nasty though. ugh i hate hate hate that smell. kinda a mixture between burning hair/meat. ew. anyways yeah then she moved on to my forehead which HURT then onto my chin which HURT too, but the worse part was my nose and upper lip. ouch x's 10. then ended on my right cheek. it took about 15 minutes i think.

then it was over and she applied some kind of ointment and i left.

they gave me a few prescriptions. one is an antibiotic cream and the other is some pills...which i guess are pills for cold sores because i guess they can occur with this type of treatment.

i'm debating if i should post pictures or not. hmm... :shifty:

How much was the co2 lazer? I did the 5 treatments with fraxel and had no results if anything it made my face breakout and now i have new scarring.I was thinking about doing the new one

hii everybody. :wub:

well this morning i went in for my first fractional co2 laser treatment. overall, it was NOT a fun experience. ugh. i've been dreading this day. heres how it went:

woke up, washed my face, applied the numbing cream stuff they make you buy. ugh that stuff smells and feel weird if you get some on your lips. drove to the place. then took off the numbing cream with some alcohol. then the lady applied some kinda of antibiotic cream and then started the laser. she started on my left cheek and it hurt, but could have been way worse. the smell was sooo nasty though. ugh i hate hate hate that smell. kinda a mixture between burning hair/meat. ew. anyways yeah then she moved on to my forehead which HURT then onto my chin which HURT too, but the worse part was my nose and upper lip. ouch x's 10. then ended on my right cheek. it took about 15 minutes i think.

then it was over and she applied some kind of ointment and i left.

they gave me a few prescriptions. one is an antibiotic cream and the other is some pills...which i guess are pills for cold sores because i guess they can occur with this type of treatment.

i'm debating if i should post pictures or not. hmm... :shifty:

honestly i'm not sure. i've been going to this place for a few months and i bought a 'package' at the beginning which was very very expensive.

i've had 1 session of the 'cool' laser, 2 sessions of the 'smooth' laser and now this co2 one today.

aww i'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. was there anything you could do about it? like refund wise? or no? :(

Well im going back to see him at the end of this month because he gave me a 3 month break from my last fraxel treatment to see if any further progress took place.my face looks worse i didnt even have any active acne before i started the fraxel and now im barely keeping it under control.Im hoping that when i go see him he will have the decency to at least refund me some of my money so i can seek tratment else where since its so much worse.one can only hope.

honestly i'm not sure. i've been going to this place for a few months and i bought a 'package' at the beginning which was very very expensive.

i've had 1 session of the 'cool' laser, 2 sessions of the 'smooth' laser and now this co2 one today.

aww i'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. was there anything you could do about it? like refund wise? or no? :(

Hi Nichole,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Fractional co2 Laser. I hope you heal fast and your results are fantastic! I am looking into this treatment, too. So I hope you're willing to "journal" and update us from time to time. :shifty:

Btw: I, too, would appreciate any pictures you're willing to post. It would give a lot of us an idea of what we're getting into.

Again, thanks for posting your experience and I'm wishing you much success.

okay hii. sorry i haven't really been back on here to update but here goes.

so i got the procedure done on Wednesday morning at 11:30, so it's almost been 48 hours. basically, i look pretty disgusting right now. no need to sugar coat it or lie. it's pretty bad. the first 2 or 3 hours after the procedure were the worst though. it felt like my face was on fire. the ice pack sort of helped. i was blasting the AC in my car on my face and that helped too, but as soon as i stepped out into the 100 degree California heat omggg it was horrible. i just went inside my house and took 3 or 4 Tylenol and took a nap. when i woke up about 3 hours later my face had stopped hurting thank god. the actual skin just feels really weird...there is a bunch of like...lines. it looks like a horrible sunburn, but not really because of the lines. it's really weird. every 2-4 hours you have to re apply stuff to your face which is messy and gets everywhere! ugh! but then i decided to just call it a night. it was kinda hard sleeping on my back all night because i didn't want to get stuff all over my bed.

welll...thursday morning i woke up and my face didn't hurt still. a good sign. the lady gave me a paper saying that i could wash my face the day after the procedure with cetaphil and cold water so i tried to go do that, but it didn't work out too well. its hard getting all of the other stuff off your face and when you put water on it, it gets all weird and oily and just ugh! but i washed up the best i could and put the cream stuff back on and did that throughout the day. and then at night i washed up again.

honestly, i can't really tell how my face looks. it's just burnt looking and has creams and stuff all over it, but im pretty sure its looking good. :angel:

ahh i'm getting sooo bored sitting around the house. grr. i did go out today though. i just put on some huge sunglasses and a hat and went to get some food. i really don't care what people think anymore!

i will post a picture soon. :wub:

okay well it's now night 3...

woke up this afternoon and i guess i look a little better. not really sure. went to wash my face with the cetaphil and it worked out okay this time. not really any flaking yet. put the cream on. took a nap. about 20 minutes ago i decided to do the vinegar soak for the 1st time. 2 cups room temperature water and a tablespoon of white vinegar. i used some cotton balls and just soaked my face with the solution. it's suppossed to help the itching and scabs and stuff. after i did that, i was putting the antibiotic cream back on and i saw some very minimal flaking. so yeah, overall i guess the process is moving along alright. it doesn't hurt, just looks gross. i hate the downtime. it's now the weekend and just BLAH i am so bored.

i think i might be getting a cold sore. they said that could happen so they prescribed me a cold sore medication and said to start taking it if i felt one coming on. i just started taking it just in care because i'm not sure if it's one or not, too early too tell. better safe than sorry because i HATE cold sores.

oh yeah, well i never really posted any background information about myself. my name is nichole. i'm 19 years old. acne runs in my family. i'd say i have mild acne, but it's calmed down a lot lately. i've just been breaking out A LOT during PMS (sorry tmi for any guys reading). i have been taking solodyn for a little over 2 months now. topicals as well. rosula face wash, differin, and benzaclin BP, but i don't really use the benzaclin. hmm...my scars...well i've never really had deep deep scars, maybe 1 or 2 but they never really bothered me. it's mostly the uneven skin tone and red marks that bug the hell out of me. they're really hard to cover, even with expensive makeup.

if anybody has any questions feel free to ask. i'm soooo bored!

siigh. here are a few pictures:

about an hour after the procedure. looking pretty ew! the line on my forehead looks weird.

night 2. left side. :confused:

night 2. my face. :confused:

hi nichole, you're the best to have the guts to do this and to give us all the nfo!

di you have fraxel re:pair done? do you know the type of co2 (strength)?

thanks! jen

Hey Nichole,

Glad to hear from you; and thanks for the updates.

It also sounds like things are progressing well for the most part. I hope taking the antibiotics help with the cold sore. They're never fun. Btw, when do you go for your checkup?

I'm still debating on whether I want to go this route or not. I've always stuck with non-ablative procedures--so this (if I go forth) will be entirely new to me.

Anyhoo, thanks for checking in. I'm excited to hear about your results as the days keep passing. And to think, you're going to keep progressing for 6 months! I'm wishing you lovely results.

(btw: your photos didn't show. would you mind reposting them?) :)

hiii.

yeah i'm sorry i don't know what happened with the pics. they were working for awhile then i'm not sure what happened, but i'll see what's up.

well it's now night 5 or 6 depending how you want to look at it. I got the laser done Wednesday morning and it's now Monday night.

things have been going...okay. a few days ago the skin started peeling, but it wasn't peeling in big pieces like a regular sunburn, more like little balls of skin. kind of itchy. been doing the vinegar soaks 2 to 3 times a day to help with the itching and peeling and stuff. i would say im 80% recovered. my face is still red, but it's manageable. i had to go to class tonight. wasn't too bad. i just wore a hat.

i'm not exactly sure what strength the laser was, sorry i didn't ask. i just wanted to get in and get it over with already.

but my skin looks okay. some new breakouts, but i think thats because of the Aquaphor. i've never used this stuff before. my pores look better.

more later.

NICOLE XXX,

CAN YOU UPDATE US ON YOUR TREATMENTS? How is your face looking these days? I'm sure an update would benefit many people here...

I find it incredibly rude that people call others who don't post pics as "bullshit"

Not everyone is comfortable posting a picture, plus what obligation does someone have to anyone on this site to post pictures of themselves. NO OBILIGATION.

Thank the person for taking the time to go on this site and detail their experience, don't F*cking knock them down. Sh*t

Get real people, and stop harrasing folks who don't post pics. Most of you who b*tch and complain have no pics yourself.

GOT PICS??

:)

I find it incredibly rude that people call others who don't post pics as "bullshit"

Not everyone is comfortable posting a picture, plus what obligation does someone have to anyone on this site to post pictures of themselves. NO OBILIGATION.

Thank the person for taking the time to go on this site and detail their experience, don't F*cking knock them down. Sh*t

Get real people, and stop harrasing folks who don't post pics. Most of you who b*tch and complain have no pics yourself.

It's fine if people are uncomfortable posting pictures...these aren't the ones we're pissed off at. It's the people who say they'll post pictures but never do. Why open your BIG mouth if you ain't gonna have the means to back it up? I'm telling people here that I'll be posting pictures as soon as I begin my treatment. But it'll be a few weeks before I can do that since I'm still bleaching my face.

Think about it...if someone told you, 'will post pics soon! :)' then we become anxious about it. It's a stated promise but a promise nonetheless.