Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s2a6r2a

Clinique Products

Has anyone broke out for the first time after using Clinique products? I never had acne until age 29 when I started using Clinique 6 months ago. My skin was great for the first month or two, but I have read that it can take time for a product to clog your pores. I did move to products in their line that were "oil-free" and designed for more blemished-prone skin. One product I was initially using actually contained mineral oil! The only thing I am still using from their line is the Mild Liquid Face Soap (not really a soap). My dermatologist said that should be fine. However, I'm still not clearing even with prescriptions (Differin & Clindagel) and the removal of most of their products. I can't exactly blame hormones because my skin isn't any oiler and breakouts are mostly on my cheeks where I am still kind of dry. (Hormone changes can cause increased oil production that would increase blemishes). I'm not stressed either because I don't even work in the summer. It could just be coincidence. My hunch is that something is clogging my pores. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with Clinique before I spend another fortune and several months trying new products. It could also be a hair product.

I really do recommend Clinique's Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion (with salicylic acid) and Acne Solutions Moisturizer (with BP). I haven't had a blemish on my forehead since December using those products twice a day. I used to get blemishes on my forehead every month since I was about 13. Clinique has literally cured that for me.

I've used Clinique for over 30 years and never had a break out from their products. Some products didn't suit the nature of my skin from time to time, but all in all, I *love* Clinique products.

I posted a photo in the Lounge (finally), but here is a link to it:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?qui...whv&thumb=4

BTW - I regularly use Exfoliating Scrub, bar soap for oily skin, toner varies from season to season (usually a 3 in summer), Dramatically Different, All About Eyes Rich.

I used to use the oil-free stuff when I was younger, but I need more moisture now.

And although I use EveryMinerals for foundation and blush, my favourite lipstick is Raspberry Glace.

Clinique make-up never made me break out at all, but every single one of their creams and moisturizers made me break out like crazy.

I'm not using the Acne Solutions products(which are not even available in where I live), I love Clinique's products. The toner could be a little irritating, but the moisturisers are really good. Besides I heard the acne solutions treatment lotion is one of the best formulated BP lotions out there. Congratulations on your success!

blah. i'm kinda over clinique products.

i've been using the dramatically different face lotion for a few months now and this stuff is crap. doesn't really moisturize or help with flakes or anything. i cant believe it took me a few months to figure out why my face kept getting flaky and nasty looking then i noticed there inst anything really GOOD in the moisturizer. it may be good for older women, who have normal skin, but it's not for dry tight skin.

last summer i tried the acne solutions line. i don't remember seeing anything amazing. i didn't really like the foam cleanser. it didn't feel like it was doing anything except just washing away. the toner stuff was okay, and the lotion was okay too. just drying after awhile. it wasn't helping so i just stopped using it after a few months. definitely a disappointment.

as far as makeup goes...blah. my mom used to buy me the foundations and powders, but it just never really did it for me. i'm 19 years old so i found it hard to find 'the look' i was going for with clinique products. the liquid foundations were too dewy for me. the power compacts were okay. i tried the concealer stick for blemishes and that was a waste of money all together. i am currently using one of their eyeliners, it's whatever. nothing amazing.

so yeah. i don't really like the clinique line, i'm sure it works for people with normal skin, but doesn't do much for problem skin.

just my opinion. :wub:

I actually want to try some of their products..>_< I'm still considering here...they're a tad pricey for me..haha...I'm just afraid it won't work.