Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello I just finished 19 weeks on claravis and stoped 1 month short of what my derm suggested.

Started noticing hair thinning and I got scared.

Now I am on Finacea creme applied twice a day. Also had hyperpigmentation while on claravis 40 mg 2 x day.

Now I am using Jasons thin to thick shampoo and conditoner along with the hair serum at night

uping the b vitamins and taking extra biotin and inositol along with zinc and copper. Copper is needed to balance with zinc. Vitamin C 3-5 thousand milligrams a day and 6000 mg fish oil.

100mg b complex also 3 times daily. Also taking green miracle super food which is a powerful blood purifier. Doing a 3 day fast of raw fresh alive foods to cleanse the blood and get this poison out of my body.

Has any other female had this expierence of thinning hair after stopping treatment and if so how long did it last?

You can email me at [email protected] thanks so much.

I think your taking to many supplements. Honestly i am speaking from experience, cut the fish oil out and cut the vitamin C down to 1-2gm max.

The rest should be ok though.

Yes! I just came here to post about this, but no need to make a separate post.

I was on accutane for 4 months, reached 120 mg/kg dose...derm wanted me to go another 1-2 months but I started having hair thinning and joint pain and stopped.

Now 3 months after taking the last pill my hair loss is getting worse. Probably hundreds of hairs a day if I were to comb them out...my drain is completely clogged every time I take a shower! And my idiot dermatologists 'doubts' its from the accutane...right. I'm hoping it will work itself out in another couple months...a lot of people say 6 months to a year before their hair returns to normal. There are also a few who unfortunately seem to develop permanent hair thinning...I really hope I won't be one of those, but it seems that the hair shedding is getting worse, not better, and my hair is really thin now :confused: Sorry I don't have better news.

My skin is still doing pretty well, though. I never completely cleared since I was only on it for 4 months, but it has continued to improve...only very minor acne compared to what I used to get. Still lots of scars and red marks, but they are gradually improving.

Hi guy, I'm current experiencing hair thinning and shelding too, however it very mild. I guess 10-15 a day. Currently I have 5 more pills to get till the end of month 2. I weight 140 pounds and is on the 40 mg. Both my parents have no MPB or have a history of MPB. Do you guys think I should continue taking accutane or stop it? Is it true that once you stop accutane your hair will be back to normal? Man, I'm constantly thinking that I will be bald before I'm 24.

And my idiot dermatologists 'doubts' its from the accutane...right.

This is what most derms said.

Why cut the fish oil?

Fish oil contain Vitamin A.

Fish oil does not contain Vitamin A. However Cod Liver Oil contains Vitamin A and D and also can build up to toxic levels in the liver. Cod liver oil should not be your supplement of choice but fish oil is a wise alternative.

Do you guys think I should continue taking accutane or stop it? Is it true that once you stop accutane your hair will be back to normal?

I will suggest you to stop taking it before it is too late and live a life full of regret later on.

Hi I am a 30 year old white female and took claravis 40mg 2 x a day weigh 115 pounds stand 5 5 and noticed slight hair thinning and stopped at just under 19 weeks. Asked my Derm and she said that the hair would grow back however it could take 6 months to a year. Funny thing is that she never told me of this side effect and also the drug manufacture does not have it listed in the patient info leaflet that comes with claravis. Just seems strange to me? Why they would not list that is bazar. If you are worried about it I would stop treatment and do what your body tells you.

My heart and prayers are with you and to all the others who may be going through this .

If you have a success story please take a moment and post it would be very uplifting to my heart and ears.

Do you guys think I should continue taking accutane or stop it? Is it true that once you stop accutane your hair will be back to normal?

I will suggest you to stop taking it before it is too late and live a life full of regret later on.

Hi I am a 30 year old white female and took claravis 40mg 2 x a day weigh 115 pounds stand 5 5 and noticed slight hair thinning and stopped at just under 19 weeks. Asked my Derm and she said that the hair would grow back however it could take 6 months to a year. Funny thing is that she never told me of this side effect and also the drug manufacture does not have it listed in the patient info leaflet that comes with claravis. Just seems strange to me? Why they would not list that is bazar. If you are worried about it I would stop treatment and do what your body tells you.

My heart and prayers are with you and to all the others who may be going through this .

If you have a success story please take a moment and post it would be very uplifting to my heart and ears.

well ive already posted mine b4

Why cut the fish oil?

Fish oil does not contain Vitamin A. However Cod Liver Oil contains Vitamin A and D and also can build up to toxic levels in the liver. Cod liver oil should not be your supplement of choice but fish oil is a wise alternative.

You would be suprised, fish oil also tends to contain vitamin A, just not at the same high levels as cod liver oil. It is not the type of vitamin A you want either. Also some people post accutane have issues with omega 3s. I am just saying that the fish oil isn't going to do much in the way of help you, plus it has the potential to do more bad than good.

It makes me laugh because so many derms don't admit to knowing the true cause of accutane hairloss (which is diffuse alopecia areata). If you look up alopecia areata most cases resolve within 6-12 months. But obviously there are some that suffer for their entire lifes, just as some will post accutane.

Why cut the fish oil?

lamarr I want your opinion on what you think the chances are of me recovering from hair loss if I take accutane again

You would be suprised, fish oil also tends to contain vitamin A, just not at the same high levels as cod liver oil. It is not the type of vitamin A you want either. Also some people post accutane have issues with omega 3s. I am just saying that the fish oil isn't going to do much in the way of help you, plus it has the potential to do more bad than good.

It makes me laugh because so many derms don't admit to knowing the true cause of accutane hairloss (which is diffuse alopecia areata). If you look up alopecia areata most cases resolve within 6-12 months. But obviously there are some that suffer for their entire lifes, just as some will post accutane.

lamarr I want your opinion on what you think the chances are of me recovering from hair loss if I take accutane again

Put it this way bud, chances are if it clears your acne as you want it to, it will give you atleast some very long lasting hairloss, maybe permanent. You were lucky last time, i wouldn't temp things if i was you.

Hi guy, I'm current experiencing hair thinning and shelding too, however it very mild. I guess 10-15 a day. Currently I have 5 more pills to get till the end of month 2. I weight 140 pounds and is on the 40 mg. Both my parents have no MPB or have a history of MPB. Do you guys think I should continue taking accutane or stop it? Is it true that once you stop accutane your hair will be back to normal? Man, I'm constantly thinking that I will be bald before I'm 24.

10-15 hairs lost per day is normal. people on average shed 50-100 hairs per day.

10-15 hairs lost per day is normal. people on average shed 50-100 hairs per day.

Hello I was on 80 mg twice a day and did not notice hair thinning till after 19 weeks of treatment at which point I decided to stop treatment. My Derm never said anything to me about this unwanted side effect and neither is it listed in the patient info leaflet. (Claravis). Derm said hair would grow back but it could take a while maybe up to a year. I did not have any hair thinning till like I said the 19 week. Do what your body tells you I think if I would have stopped after 4 months I would not have gone though this now.

Why cut the fish oil?

I would not take accutane again no matter what. However I am female if you are a male and not so much concerned about possible hair loss then maybe it would be fine for you.