Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

Former acquaintances/roommates

Okay, now I've seen 3 people who I knew before I had acne (well, I had acne that was mostly under control) that didn't recognize me whatsoever. 2 were former ROOMMATES. The red marks (I look like I'm recovering from chickenpox) and acne are the only real difference I can think of. This is kind of shallow, but I really hope they don't think I was pretty then and just see some ugly person they've never seen before now.

In my honest opinion, if you were thought pretty, you're STILL pretty. It takes a lot to change that. You're just pretty with skin issues.

Why they wouldn't recognize you is a little strange to me. It may depend on the time it's been since you were roommates, and how close you were at the time. I can hardly remember a lot of the people I went to college with, and it's only been a year since I graduated.

It may simply be them, and not have to do with you.

How many years has it been? Some people are bad with faces when they see them out of the usual context. If it's been awhile and they are one of those people, then it has nothing to do with what you look like.

Don''t read into it!

1 year, 2 years, and 4. 4 was the acquaintance, so it's not a big deal. I just remember her, because she was really upset--almost in tears--and I was trying to get her to feel a little better.

Edit: The person who was my roommate 2 years ago actually visited me in the hospital after we were no longer roommates. I thought that was really nice.