Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I got a VitaPeel (or something like that) at my dermatologist's office a few months ago. I was happy with it on the second day, because my skin looked smooth and clear. Then I started the endless shedding, then I broke out really bad on about the fourth day after the peel (I think because I couldn't apply my benzoly peroxide during this period, or maybe it was just a reaction to the peel). Anyway, I ended up with even more red marks after the peel, so I never did get the series of three of these peels that was recommended by my aesthetician.

I was wondering if anyone has had any noticeable fading of their red marks with microdermabrasion? That was the other thing my aesth. recommended.

Thanks for any info/advice.

I've been wondering about microdermabrasion too. I used to use Neutrogena's Acne Mark Fading Peel ( http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Advanced-...z/dp/B000BX86MU ), and thought it was pretty good. It never really made me peel, but it did even out my skin.

Then, a few weeks ago, I saw St. Ives Elements Microdermabrasion ( http://www.stives.com/elements/microderm_abrasion.cfm ), and I've been thinking about trying it out...

Guest missyjean130

Ive gotten two microderms with no results-but I couldnt afford to keep doing it...

So if it does help your going to need several or more microderms.

Looking for something like this to, however i'm asian skinned toned basically, and 80% marks compared to active acne.

I bought 6 microderms but only had 3 sessions as I saw NO difference in my red/brown marks. After my first I thought maybe I need a few more but I am sure I would have seen even slight change after 3. I really wouldnt recommend it, I think its good if your skin is generally even already and you just want a fancy exfoliation, but otherwise not worth the money and time in my opinion! I think when you read about it online (especially this one particular website comes to mind) it has so much hype in it, which makes it out to be a miracle non invasive procedure. Try it by all means but I think you wont be happy and maybe a little less wealthy!

whatever you do, make sure you dont have Microderm and use a retinoid at the same time as i heard it can really wreck your skin...

i was woundering aboutt this tooo

butt i herd that backing soda and watter lightins them upp