Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PacMan88

Can I use jojoba oil with moisturizer after BP application?

It seems like I've heard mixed opinions on this. Can I use jojoba oil with my moisturizer after applying BP? Or do I have to change up the regimen?

Also, can I use AHA for spot treatment after I've applied BP and moisturizer?

It seems like I've heard mixed opinions on this. Can I use jojoba oil with my moisturizer after applying BP? Or do I have to change up the regimen?

There wouldn't be any changes, just additions.

Cleanse>Apply BP>Apply AHA>Add a few drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer

There wouldn't be any changes, just additions.

Cleanse>Apply BP>Apply AHA>Add a few drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer

Ok. I've heard of people applying the jojoba before the BP for some reason. That's why I asked.

Ok. I've heard of people applying the jojoba before the BP for some reason. That's why I asked.

Yes, I do this, as do a few other people around here. I prefer to use the jojoba oil before BP rather than after because my face doesn't feel as tight after the BP dries, I can use less moisturizer, massaging in the jojoba oil on freshly washed skin helps remove dead skin clumps (can't do that with BP on already, or you'll just rub away some of the BP and get streaky), and the jojoba oil doesn't look as shiny because the BP mattifies it. I've been doing this for a long time now, and it doesn't seem to make the BP any less effective, which was my main worry. Honestly, I'm not sure why more people don't try it this way! It's kind of weird for the first couple of weeks because you'll find that you have a lot of dead skin that gets loose and gritty on your face when you rub in the jojoba oil. I didn't like that initially, but it got better as the jojoba helped remove more and more dead skin. Now it's great because the dull dead skin on my face is at a minimum between AHA and jojoba oil, so my complexion looks very nice.