Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kendaz

WOW ALOE IS AMAZING

Some of you may recognize me as the mother of a 15-year-old struggling with acne. I have posted on the acne.org boards. My daughter has been on DKR since April 1. She seems to be having some success but has many, many red marks left in the wake of the acne. She started using Lily of the Dessert Aloe Vera gel every morning and night about 5 days ago and the change in her complexion is amazing. The aloe has not only evened out her skin tone but seems to have helped resolve some of the more stubborn "lurking" acne under her skin. Her skin is also very smooth now. It's truly amazing. The only negative is that it says on the bottle that it is a moisturizer and it's not really very moisturizing. She is applying it on top of her moisturizer. Hope this is helpful to someone out there. Blessings.

hello, im 15 yrs old like your daughter and i think we have basically the same problem i used a lot of different products but to no avail i havent been to a dermatologist but my mom made me an appointment although my main problem is the red marks i have alot of them and if i got rid of them id look a lot better so i was wondering about this aloe vera stuff and i have a few questions. if you could answer them that'd be great.

1. does the aloe vera gel casue breakouts?

2. you said it evened out her skin tone, by that do you mean it faded the red marks?

3. on the lily of the desert website it says nothing about putting it on your face, it says youre supposed to eat it. so is there a certain kind that you put on your face, or is it all the same? also is it the aloe vera gel or aloe vera juice that you use?

4.do you know any other things that will take the red marks away?

thanks!

Topical:

Leaf gel:

Traditionally used to treat minor burns and cuts, and sunburns (Williamson 2003; Barnes et al. 2002; Willard 1991).

Traditionally used to assist in wound healing (Boon and Smith 2004; Williamson 2003; Foster and Tyler 1999; Atherton 1997).

Helps to promote healing of minor wounds such as cuts and burns, and minor skin irritations (Boon and Smith 2004; WHO 1999; Fulton 1990).

VERY PROFOUND ARTICLE:

http://www.positivehealth.com/article-view.php?articleid=50

Two patients with chronically itchy skin (urticaria) settled down and several adult patients with acne rosacea where the facial skin is constantly red with pustule formation, also noticed a marked improvement with a reduction in their high colour by applying an Aloe Vera gel preparation twice a day. One particular elderly lady in her eighties who developed a traumatic ulcer on her skin was delighted to see it healing virtually on a daily basis over a few weeks, and once healed it was impossible to see where it had been as there was no scarring, a regular feature of Aloe Vera treatment.

Many patients, after treatment with aloe for various skin problems, commented that their skin quality had improved and felt softer and smoother This is not surprising as Aloe Vera has been added to many cosmetic products for many years because of its known rejuvenating action.

hm.... that weird aloe vera gel take a year to see result for acne scar and it just like acv but acv much better for red mark and u can do some research on the web it say aloe vera very long time to see any result!

hm.... that weird aloe vera gel take a year to see result for acne scar and it just like acv but acv much better for red mark and u can do some research on the web it say aloe vera very long time to see any result!

so aloe vera takes a year, how long does apple cider vinegar take then? cuz id like to find something to make them go away before school starts which is in about 2 months

eat alot fruit,exercise alot,stop worry about your mark and stop stress and acv should give u result in 2 month or less!

hi, i am currently using purpose bar and dan's bp and am looking for a moisturizer to control shine and give me a matte finish throughout the day, do you think aloe gel would help?? also if it would what brand??

You can also try mixing in the aloe vera gel with your moisturizer to make it an easy one step.

I'm presently using Fruit of the Earth's gel although its not 100% aloe compared to lilly of the desert brand i like the gel and use it mainly as my moisturizer.

I have really oily skin so this aloe works great on me. If you have dry/combination skin try mixing in some aloe gel with your moisturizer to see if that works!

Smileyface, Aloe Vera is not known to cause breakouts. Actually, it's very good for "calming" the skin which is why it's used for wound healing. But, I wouldn't recommend it as your ony choice for acne control. Yes, the redmarks are less apparent. I don't know why, but they are somewhat lighter and my daughter's skin is smoother. The redmarks simply don't stand out as much but, they are still there. Just not as bright red. You can get Lily of the Dessert Aloe Vera Jelly in a tube at Whole Foods (a natural/organic food store). This particular type of Aloe is NOT for consumption. It's only a topical gel for the skin. My daughter is also using Dan's (acne.org) new AHA+ product. It has 10% Glycolic Acid in it plus licorice root extract which is supposed to be very good for clearing active blemishes and residual red marks. She has only used it for a couple of days but really likes it so far. She may not be completely clear of the redmarks in two months but, I can say for sure that they will be much improved and easy to cover with a light makeup application when school starts. We are not looking for something invasive like a peel to cure her quickly. We are simply focusing on keeping the breakouts from occuring so that we don't need to worry about future red marks. If we can find a product that does both, then that's perfect! My daughter has been to four different doctors and so many, many prescription products. None worked as well as DKR for her moderate-severe acne. She is now using Paula's Choice 5% BP along with Dan's cleanser and AHA+, jojoba oil and the Aloe Vera Gel. Blessings to you Sweetheart!

I use Nature's Massage Gel by Bath & Body Works. Its not only used for massages, though. I just apply some on the red marks and they are fading I think.

Mine has Peppermint, Chamomile, Bergamot & Wild Cherry Bark extracts. It feels nice and cool, and the other stuff help soothe the skin and condition it.

I've been moisturizing day and night for the last month or so, hoping to see some reduction of red marks around my mouth area, but nothing has happened at all, so I want to try this aloe vera thing. It sounds like it won't irritate, and might help with red marks.

What product do you guys recommend? Do I have to use moisturizer too, even though my skin is not very dry?

Lucas h, I'd recommend an AHA like Dan's or Paula's Choice in addition to Aloe Vera. If you get a little irritated from the AHA, the Aloe will calm the irritation. My daughter is seeing GREAT results from the aloe. She's not using her AHA every day but does use the aloe vera morning and night. Sometimes she puts additional aloe on in the middle of the day. Whether or not you need a moisturizer with the aloe depends on your skin and the other products you're using. My daughter is currently on the DKR so, the BP is somewhat drying and she does need additional moisturizer. However, the Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera (from Whole Foods) does say it's a moistruizer on the tube. Look at the Treatment Reviews on this site for additional information from others who use Aloe. Hope this helps. Kendaz

Kendaz,

I'm not using any BP or anything, just a twice a day gentle cleanser, so I figure I'll try it without a moisturizer at first and then see if I need one. If it turns out I do, should I mix it with the moisturizer or put it on before or after or what? Day and night, right?

Also, is this the stuff you're talking about? If not, could you find me a link to what she's using?

http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cf...u/81495/S/10000

Sorry for so many questions! thanks!

Kendaz,

I'm not using any BP or anything, just a twice a day gentle cleanser, so I figure I'll try it without a moisturizer at first and then see if I need one. If it turns out I do, should I mix it with the moisturizer or put it on before or after or what? Day and night, right?

Also, is this the stuff you're talking about? If not, could you find me a link to what she's using?

http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cf...u/81495/S/10000

Sorry for so many questions! thanks!

Lucas, my daughter uses it morning and evening after BP and moisturizing. Sometimes she mixes the moisturizer with the aloe for a single step process. Yes, that is the stuff she's using. It has some other antioxidants in it like Vit. A, C and E. But, it's still great stuff and has the approval of the Aloe something society which is supposed to be some sort of seal of approval for a more pure product as far as the gel itself goes. You can use it once or twice a day, mix it with your moisturizer or do them seperately. My only recommendation would be to make sure you put the aloe on LAST. Good Luck.

Can you use aloe while on accutane?

To answer that, I have been using aloe vera gel on my face for about 7 weeks now. My regular moisturizer, which is Cetaphil is way too greasy to apply in the day. So I apply the aloe in the day and Cetaphil at night. I like the fact that it reduces the redness on my face. I highly recommend this.