Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightspeed

Camping at a festival for 4 nights. To wash or not to wash?

Well tommorow I leave for a music festival and I will be camping for 4 nights. I'm wondering whether to bring my anti-biotics, face wash, mousturizer, zineryt (topical anti-biotic) and differin and keep up my regimen.

Which is.. Morning: Take anti-biotic, wash, apply zineryt and then moisturize. Night: Wash and apply differin.

Or.. leave it all behind and forget about the regimen for the days that I'm there?

What do you think? I think my skin could do with a break.. its been on this regimen for about 5 months now. Will a 4 day break cause any major breakouts and ruin all the progress I have made?

Has anyone been in a similar situation and could offer advice?

Thanks

What I would say is, if you are going to leave the stuff behind just forget about your acne.

Dont touch your face, pick at your skin, look in mirrors. Just forget about it

That seemed to help me one time I went away for 9 Days. Just remember If your sweating or dirty at least wash your face with water even if its just splashing it on

I would continue to take the anti-biotics and wash my face with just water. The person who posted before me gave good advice, do not worry about your skin while you are there. Have a good time!

hmm ok. anti-bitoics are easy enough to take. and I guess if my face is feeling really dirty ill splash it with water. going without mirrors is gonna be a challenge. but I feel it will be good for me.. I have a small camping mirror.. guess it's for the best if I leave it.

thinking of maybe taking the moisutrizer incase my skin dries out.. it has a natural tendancy to do this..

Well tommorow I leave for a music festival and I will be camping for 4 nights. I'm wondering whether to bring my anti-biotics, face wash, mousturizer, zineryt (topical anti-biotic) and differin and keep up my regimen.

Which is.. Morning: Take anti-biotic, wash, apply zineryt and then moisturize. Night: Wash and apply differin.

Or.. leave it all behind and forget about the regimen for the days that I'm there?

What do you think? I think my skin could do with a break.. its been on this regimen for about 5 months now. Will a 4 day break cause any major breakouts and ruin all the progress I have made?

Has anyone been in a similar situation and could offer advice?

Thanks

I would take the anti biotics, apply the differin and wash your skin. These things are all easy enough to do and will prevent you from breaking out. Once I went away camping and left everything behind and my face did not look so great when i got home.

good luck

Have a good time and don't obsess over it. However, breaking from your regimen could- not saying it will- wreak havoc on your skin. For instance, I camped out for two nights in about April. I had clear skin, but I always washed my face each night. Well, I didn't wash at all, and I'd been hiking and running and sitting in front of fire all weekend. My face was gross, and I didn't wash good when I got home either. That's when my acne got REALLY bad, and I've been battling it since. So just be careful. Just splash some water on it at night if you've been really active.