Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good body is definitely better than good SKIN, unless talking about someone with severe cystic acne then I'd take a little less of a fit body instead of having horrible skin...But mild acne? it's not a big deal and it'll go away anyway.

As for Good FACE versus good body...Face all the way, unless the body is obese, then I'd rather be fit.. I'm a sucker for a girl with a cute/beautiful face, I'm a face guy.. Good facial features i.e. strong nose, nice eyes, chin, jawline are muuuch better features to have than a six pack.

Personally I'm tall and fairly skinny...6'2, 150lbs...I've tried to bulk up to like 170-180 before but it's so hard because my metabolism is extremely fast, which runs in my family..But at least I've been told I have a "great face" in terms of strong, sharp features which I'd take any day over having some extra muscle mass.

Either way, innate features and a fit body are much more important than having some pimples because most people will grow out of acne at some point, whereas their innate features will be the same their whole lives.

OP I think this should have been a poll.

Just to say again, a better looking face gets you farther than a good body.

if either one is bad - it is going to have an impact.

However if you have good body and bad face you are going to be way more respected than other way around.

No way. Like I said before...look at the models that are 130 lbs. soaking wet but have very strong facial features. Then there's the guys who are 200 lbs. that are also models. No one cares about your body as long as it's not anorexic type or overweight. But the difference between 8 pack and average body isn't going to make a difference. Like Johnny Depp...this guy is the skinniest POS ever but his facial features make him really good looking. It's the face, not the body.

it depends on the severity.

like a 1,000 pound man with light acne isn't going to be worrying about his face.

and someone with a perfect, trim, healthy, ideal body and severe acne isn't going to be eating light soups.

haha.

but i guess if it comes down to the two, which is more important, your body.

if your body is in good shape, your face will be in betterrr shape.

if you're overweight, that's a health issue.

you know?

hmm this is a good question. I have mixed feelings about it. Well for one the noticable difference (when wearing clothes) between someone that has just and average body to someone that is completely ripped/jacked or for a women totally in shape and firm isnt much at all. Iam extremely built myself and have well defined muscles but no one knows unless they see me with my shirt off. However people notice my skin or anyone else who has acne. Its a lot harder to cover up especially if your a dude and dont wear makeup. However i wouldnt trade acne free skin for my body any day.

You can always get in shape/get healthier and whatnot by working out, but if you have acne, it's not guaranteed to go away no matter how hard you try to get rid of it. So..good skin I think in the this case wins. I'd personally want that. XD Then I'd go workout in the gym, lol.

I honestly think body on this one. I have a great body (No brag) and the benefits from it are wonders, Always getting complimented on it, you feel confident with or without your clothing and the health benefits that come from having a healthy fit body. In the end, acne doesn't really kill you but if you're under weight or over you could develop problems. Just my thoughts on the topic..

Be awesome to have them both proportioned though huh? :)

They are both equally important.

If you have the body of a greek god or a body like megan fox, people are gona drool over it but if you have acne it will take away from your overall look.

If your a fat shlub nobody cares that you have clear skin.

I like how blunt you are and you are right you need to take in consideration bothssides of the "good looks"scale

for me I have had trouble with both

skin is worse b.c I felt I had NO control so I just focused on my weight which is slowly slipping out of control but I am working on it am a size 9 and I want to be a size 6

It really depends on the person and what they're striving for. Wow, i was actually thinking about this the other day when i was going to help my friend train to get in better shape (he is overweight and wants to make varsity soccer next year).

Take me for example; I play sports, workout, have great genes and eat pretty healthy. I have a good build and I am skinny. However, I have pretty bad acne that comes and goes whenever it wants. For me, skin is more important.

For my friend who has virtually no acne, a good body is more important. He is made fun of by people, he has bad genes, he's overweight, and feels like his weight is holding him back while i feel like my acne is holding me back.

they're 2 different aspects that have similar effects

There are some things you just can't change about yourself so work on the things you can change.

For a man, I think that being well built, strong and ripped does far more for your self esteem than having good skin.

A good physique is something you must work hard for it by eating right, training correctly, training regularly and it takes discipline for example: not smoking or doing drugs, getting enough sleep etc.

I'm not a rich man and being in good shape it gives me great satisfaction whenever I see rich fat/skinny guy with a fast car, a fancy house, designer clothes and a gorgeous girlfriend who wouldn't even look at them if they wern't loaded...etc because although his shirt may cost more than my car, I'v got something he will never have, A great body and enough physical fitness to get me out of alot of tight situations.

This is a very interesting question, and I can see how responses could vary depending on personality. For my part, I have a nice body that I don't have to work to keep, which is really nice.. I don't think I could take both at once lol. I dunno, I mean.. For myself, I'd rather have a naturally nice body and not so good skin, because you have a better chance of getting rid of acne more easily than improving your figure; it takes less effort.

As for other people, if I saw someone with bad skin and a nice body, I would actually be more inclined to think that they take good care of themselves, just because if they had clear skin and a not as attractive body.. There are ways to remedy that.

So that's that.. *shrug*

Either way, having bad skin or an ugly body, kinda sucks. lol.

I really feel like it would be easier to get an okay physique, so I would choose to have nice skin. There are so many factors that come into play with acne, and you're constantly guessing what is causing your breakouts. I would take clear skin for the peace of mind and not having to deal with the frustration.

good skin everytime

not having a good body doesn't make it difficult to maintain eye contact with someone.

great point never thought of that..

Good body, i mean even if u have pimples you're still pretty but who would wanna look at a fatass who has rolls on the chins, i mean EWWWW!! Being fat tells alot about you like your too lazy to excersice, you're to naive to care about how much you eat, more bad stuff!!

I have to go with "good" (as in my version of) body. As much as I've hated the skin on my face, the skin that I'm in I'm fairly happy with.

I've struggled with my weight in getting too thin, and only within 5 or 8 pounds, but that's it.

I dunno, I mean.. For myself, I'd rather have a naturally nice body and not so good skin, because you have a better chance of getting rid of acne more easily than improving your figure; it takes less effort.

I does not take less effort, I assure you.

I dunno, I mean.. For myself, I'd rather have a naturally nice body and not so good skin, because you have a better chance of getting rid of acne more easily than improving your figure; it takes less effort.

I does not take less effort, I assure you.

Agreed. It doesn't take less effort to get better skin. It really is something out of your hands whereas your body you can choose to be in good shape or not so good shape. For your skin you could have taken accutane, watched diet, applied creams, taken antibiotics...etcetc and could still have acne issues ..its almost out of your control imo whereas you have total control over your body.

Really, having a choice between good skin and good body isn't even comparable.

Good body, i mean even if u have pimples you're still pretty but who would wanna look at a fatass who has rolls on the chins, i mean EWWWW!! Being fat tells alot about you like your too lazy to excersice, you're to naive to care about how much you eat, more bad stuff!!

loooll... don't be too judgemental being 'fat' does not tell a lot about someone at all and someone could be fat not just due to laziness...