Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone used Vitamin A supplements? I just recieved my order from the net as you cant buy it at regular chemists or vitamin shops. Was wondering has anyone had anyy sucess with it. :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Ive been on Beta-Carotene supplements for about 3 weeks now. I think its doing its job cumulatively with good diet, exercise and hygiene. Give it a try, it certainly cant hurt. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

if its vitamin A in the form of fish oil, than be damn careful how much you take. beta carotene is plant based and your body only converts what it needs into vitamin A and disposes of the rest making beta carotene relatively non toxic. fish oil vitamin A, however, can seriously damage you if you use mega doses of it. its especially hard on your liver and can cause hypervitamintosis A, meaning toxicity from over exposure to vitamin A. please dont try to recreate an accutane like reaction by OD'ing on vitamin A. otherwise, its an OK supplement, but i personally found no benefit for my acne from it. though, you may well benefit from it.

I took vitamin A for a long time and it did nothing noticeable for me. I agree with the above post and since it is a fat soluble vitamin you need to watch how much you take because your body can't get rid of it if you have too much. They were raising the levels of something in my brothers body, and the doctors wondered what it was, and then my mom realized it was the vitamin A.

smart move on the 2500IU a day! that was a great article...i think that may have been the one i read several years back when i tried to take 300,000IU of vitamin A per day in hopes of getting an accutane like response. like the article said, i got a blinding headache and felt like i wanted to die, so that was the only time i tried that. i definitely DO NOT encourage anyone to try this. what vitamin A looks good for though is maintenance treatment after you get inflammation under control. good luck!

From the sites that I have looked at I have found that you should not take over 50,000IU per day of Vitamin A for any extended length of time (ie. over 3 months). I am currently taking 4 capsules of Vitamin A per day equalling 32,000IU along with B5 powder (5 grams), B-complex (100mg), Vitamin E (800IU) Vitamin C (1100mg), copper (4mg) and zinc (50mg).

My skin is much better after around a month on this routine. My redmarks are healing pores are shrinking and blackheads are less noticable.

I've been taking Vitamin A every day for the past eight months and nothing changed for my skin. However, the only things that have benefited are my hair and nails. They grow quickly, which, for a person who is horrible at keeping long nails, is wonderful!

I took Vitamin A for about 2 months and it didn't do anything for my skin :( But I have read a few posts from people that have benefited from it. Let us know how it goes. Good luck

Whoa... I take vitamin A 8000 I.U. each day and 50 mg of zinc. I think it makes my skin glow more, but doesn't do much (if anything) for acne. I wonder what the MAXIMUM amount should be for me. :think: I'm 15 years old, 5'4'', and around 120 lbs.

i take cod liver oil tablets which contain vitamin a,i think it may help abit,been taking them for about a month now,not much of an improvement that i can notice so far.but yeah you might aswell give it a go :)

so far its been about a month i think, I have been taking vitamin A in only small doses. Around 5000IU a day. It has greatly improved my skin and I'm really happy with it so far. Though like with any treatment you can always find people with pros and cons for it. So we will see :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Cheers for all replys :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja: