Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bego

Daniel, YOU MUST TELL PEOPLE THIS!

I always pressed the benzoyl peroxide pump slowly, and I only used one pump, sometimes even less because I was afraid if I pressed fast it would push out way too much. You recommend two pumps, I wondered how could this be, you say the pumps pump out an equal measured amount every time but 2 pumps seems insane. I figured I'd watch a video of you applying benzoyl peroxide and I noticed you press the pump very hard and firm, and its a very small amount compared to what I get. I tested around (wasting precious benzoyl peroxide in the process) and noticed that if you push hard and fast you get the recommended amount, whereas if you go slowly it puts way more than usual.

I have seen people saying that 2 pumps seems absurd and I think this might be the reason and the solution. All I am asking is that you make it a bit more noticeable, like a guideline for the regimen if you use your product in the bottles. I always just guessed how much I needed since the bottles came out rather than tubes, but now I get what you recommend instead of a whole palm full.

Just figured that people should know about this if they use Dan's BP.

Why do so many people on these forums whinge about two pumps of BP being too much? I sometimes feel as if it's not enough. :eh:

Lol, I don't see how it could even be close to not enough, I mean it basically fills my palm depending on how I push. Sure, a lot couldn't hurt but I don't want to stand there for 20 minutes rubbing it in.

I was wondering that exact same thing. I pump slowly too because I was afraid if I pumped fast it wouldn't be enough...

Hmm, should I amend me signature to say 1 1/4 slooooooow pumps of BP? I pump it out really slowly, too.

It's hard to compare the quantity of BP dispensed slowly vs. quickly, though, because slowly can give you a long wavy line of BP, while quickly gives you a puddle that is much taller. My physics intuition tells me that the speed you pump it at shouldn't make a difference, but that's not the most reliable source of information, of course. If anyone has a good argument why (or why not) the speed at which you pump the bottles makes a difference, please share!

Dan told me that the pumps all dispense 2ml of product per squirt. The pump can only hold so much product in it. Pumping fast or slow shouldn't matter, I'm thinking.

I wonder if the amount confusion may be from some people pressing all the way down, and others not?

Dan told me that the pumps all dispense 2ml of product per squirt. The pump can only hold so much product in it. Pumping fast or slow shouldn't matter, I'm thinking.

I wonder if the amount confusion may be from some people pressing all the way down, and others not?

that's what i would have thought. the pump can only hold so much, so the speed in which you dispense it doesn't matter.... i guess if there's an air bubble maybe the speed could affect the volume pumped, but really, it shouldn't make a difference.

It should always dispense 2mL. I just tried it on mine and it dispensed the same amount either way. And yeah, it does waste BP to test it, so if you do this, just open the cap and put it back in there.

One possible explanation for why it looks like I use less than other people: I have gigantic hands. I am 5' 7 1/2" but my hands are always bigger than guys who are 6' 4" even. It's like a weird genetic thing. I'm an ape :) Anyway, stuff looks a lot smaller in my hands than in other people's hands.

Thanks for the pump amount info, Dan and Brandy!

This means that old regimen users who are used to the 4 oz. (118 mL) blue tubes can calculate how many pumps they should be using if they remember how many days it took them to go through a tube. It used to take me about 20 days to go through a tube. That's 118 mL in 20 days, or 5.9 mL a day, or 2.95 mL each application, which is equivalent to about 1.5 pumps each time I apply the BP. So for me, the amount of BP to use each time from the pump bottles to be the same as with the tubes is around 1.5 pumps. (I'm doing fine with a little less now, though! :) )

If someone went through a tube in 14 days with twice a day applications (which is just about the fastest I've ever heard of anyone doing it who wasn't using it for body acne), that's 2.1 pumps. Exactly 2 pumps is equivalent to 14.75 days. If you went through a tube in 21 days, that's 1.4 pumps each time. If you went through a tube in 28 days, that's 1.05 pumps, or just a smidge over a pump.

In general, for old tube users to find the number of pumps to use each time: divide 29.5 by the number of days it took to go through a tube.

To me, it looks like 2 pumps each time is probably a bit too much for most regimen users, since I don't think most users from the tube days went through BP quite that quickly. The "right amount" for the full application of the regimen is somewhere between 1 and 2 pumps for almost everyone, I think, with a little experimentation recommended to find the optimal quantity. Based on this, I'd day 1.5 pumps each time is probably a better general guideline to aim for, for twice a day full face applications.

Well I don't know why but it seems like its a ton more, but perhaps your right. I have always used a slow pump without me even pushing it all the way down and it seems like a perfect amount, but then again I don't apply benzoyl peroxide to my forehead.

But Daniel says he only applies it to his lower face in his video because that's his problem area, and he uses 2 pumps. If I put 2 pumps I stand there for a really long time and when I'm done you can see the white lines where it dried slightly, and it just seems like way too much. When I put what feels right I can tell by how long it takes and such. A finger length with the tubes seemed to work perfectly and 2 pumps seems like so much more. But I guess I can't argue with how there's no possible way it could be different.

I wonder if I am not doing something right. 2 Pumps is not even a finger full for me. I feel like it is half of what I used to use when the tubes were around.

I've only used one of the new pump bottles since it came out (my 2nd is waiting for me in my cupboard for when my 1st one is empty) and I've noticed that it is really screwy. It doesn't always pump, even when it was full, and it's not consistent if it does. Sometimes I have to do 12 pumps, each time only little blobs coming out at the end of the pump. When I first used it, it leaked a little.

It could possible have just been that one bottle, and I honestly thought it would all go away when I first used it, so I'm going to see if it happens with my second bottle. Clearly it hasn't stopped me from using it and I can still measure our a finger. It's just a little annoying and was kind of messy at first (some BP went to waste when it leaked :/).

Well I'm not even at one full pump, but I have to approach my Dan's BP slowly.

I'm basically less than half or at it, so i have to go pretty slowly :/

i think some of the pumps don't work as they are supposed to, aka faulty pumps, hence the discrepancy in the number of pumps needed