Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
parsinator

New to the forum, Advice appreciated

Hey everyone. I have looked at this website a lot but finally decided to join and post. If I posted this in the wrong area, I apologize.

I am 19 and my acne was been steadily getting worse over the years. I am currently minocycline (100mg/2x a day), duac in the morning and tazorac at night. my dermatologist said she wanted to put my on accutane because there wasn't much improvement between my visits. my face just seems to be getting worse and worse and i dont know what to do.

I am considering going on accutane but i dont know how it will affect me physically. I am a small guy (~5' 8" 163ish lb) but I am a very heavy lifter and have gained over 30 lb in less than a year (maxes: bench~315 legpress~1000 barbell curl~150 lat pulldown ~ the whole machine, etc) On top of that I take lots of optimum whey protein, N.O.-Xplode, glucosamine, multivitamin, vitamin c, fish oil, calcium, and arginine+ornithine. I try and eat healthy. I dont drink soda but do snack on candy every once in a while but mostly healthy. I dont know how my body will work on accutane so i thought i might ask for advice. Will i still be able to lift? Are any of the things im taking going to butt heads with the accutane?

I posted some pictures of my face, and one of my body just for fun :surprised:

I had taken a shower, washed my face with a gentle cleanser (neutrogena cleanser with no SA or BP or anything) and applied the tazorac. These pictures are roughly 20-30 minutes after all that.

post-79357-1215584639_thumb.jpg

post-79357-1215584648_thumb.jpg

post-79357-1215584656_thumb.jpg

post-79357-1215584675_thumb.jpg

post-79357-1215584639_thumb.jpg

post-79357-1215584648_thumb.jpg

post-79357-1215584656_thumb.jpg

post-79357-1215584675_thumb.jpg

I don't believe any of the supplements you are taking are going to interfere with you taking accutane. As far as you being able to lift while on accutane I am sure you would be able to. Accutane can cause some joint pain but I would think you need to exercise so your joints don't get all stiff. I was so scared to get on Accutane, I love hiking and outdoor activies so I thought I would have to stop all that once I started accutane but I am going to start my 4th month in like a week and I have not had to stop anything I do outdoors. I even tan nicely since on accutane. If you think your acne is bad enough, take it. I am 26 years old and wish I would have had the option to take it at 19. I like you was using topicals my derm gave me along with antibiotics and that did help a little but I would still get cysts. My derm told me about accutane and I got upset telling her I would never go to that extreme but after months of topicals and anitbiotics clearing me to my standards I decided to take the plunge and I am so glad I did. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hey everyone. I have looked at this website a lot but finally decided to join and post. If I posted this in the wrong area, I apologize.

I am 19 and my acne was been steadily getting worse over the years. I am currently minocycline (100mg/2x a day), duac in the morning and tazorac at night. my dermatologist said she wanted to put my on accutane because there wasn't much improvement between my visits. my face just seems to be getting worse and worse and i dont know what to do.

I am considering going on accutane but i dont know how it will affect me physically. I am a small guy (~5' 8" 163ish lb) but I am a very heavy lifter and have gained over 30 lb in less than a year (maxes: bench~315 legpress~1000 barbell curl~150 lat pulldown ~ the whole machine, etc) On top of that I take lots of optimum whey protein, N.O.-Xplode \, glucosamine, multivitamin, vitamin c, fish oil, calcium, and arginine+ornithine. I try and eat healthy. I dont drink soda but do snack on candy every once in a while but mostly healthy. I dont know how my body will work on accutane so i thought i might ask for advice. Will i still be able to lift? Are any of the things im taking going to butt heads with the accutane?

I had taken a shower, washed my face with a gentle cleanser (neutrogena cleanser with no SA or BP or anything) and applied the tazorac. These pictures are roughly 20-30 minutes after all that.

Thats the problem.... One time i quit nitrotech because of this. Quit supplements and stay in treatment.....

I am considering going on accutane but i dont know how it will affect me physically. I am a small guy (~5' 8" 163ish lb) but I am a very heavy lifter and have gained over 30 lb in less than a year (maxes: bench~315 legpress~1000 barbell curl~150 lat pulldown ~ the whole machine, etc) On top of that I take lots of optimum whey protein, N.O.-Xplode \, glucosamine, multivitamin, vitamin c, fish oil, calcium, and arginine+ornithine. I try and eat healthy. I dont drink soda but do snack on candy every once in a while but mostly healthy. I dont know how my body will work on accutane so i thought i might ask for advice. Will i still be able to lift? Are any of the things im taking going to butt heads with the accutane?

Thats the problem.... One time i quit nitrotech because of this. Quit supplements and stay in treatment.....

ima be off the N.O soon because its going to run out and I am not going to bother buying more. I cant lose the protein though because thats my source of recovery.

my face has seemed to be getting worse since i got on the 'Splode anyway.

hey im new to the forum too.

it looks like you have the same kind of ance as i do. try going to ur derm. and get differin and benzaclin.

i dont think your act is serious enought to go trough accutane.... shit is bad for ya

@November_rain ~ Thank you very much ;)

@Ken03 ~ if i continues, I might try that. So my acne isnt bad enough for accutane?

I am going to get off the N.O.-Xplode today and begin a cutting cycle so this might help a bit. My face also seems to be getting a bit better. Very cyclical

@November_rain ~ Thank you very much ;)

@Ken03 ~ if i continues, I might try that. So my acne isnt bad enough for accutane?

I am going to get off the N.O.-Xplode today and begin a cutting cycle so this might help a bit. My face also seems to be getting a bit better. Very cyclical

Yeah try cutting down on those supplements since they aggravate acne in some people. Also you didnt mention your age. For some guys, acne goes away after 21 like my brother. Accutane is serious stuff, read this article to learn more.

http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/pdfs/accutane_report.pdf

Just an update and another question

So I stopped taking NO-Xplode and my face started clearing up for about a week. I began taking an amino acid combo arginine and ornithine ( http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/brow....jsp?id=VS-1108 ) and my face seems to be breaking out again.

does anyone know if it may just be a cyclical breakout type thing or if its the amino acids causing it?

arginine is in the protein i take regularly anyway and hadnt been affecting me.

I take the amino acids before bed and right when i wake up, supposedly boosts hgh which might be why. anyone know more about this?

even i have stopd taking supplemnts...i'm goin natural..let's c if my condition get bettr.

i stopd a week ago...face condition has improve a little.hope it's bcoz o da exclusion o protein.

God help me!!!

Hey mang, just stop taking ALL of the supplements that you are for a week and see if acne gets better. if so, slowly add back your things one at a time with 4-5 days between each. if you add something and then you notice a breakout then it's causing the acne. Do this with all your supplements to filter out the bad ones.

If stopping all doesn't make any difference then just use clorox bleach 3 times a day. haha jk. I feel ya man, fuck acne!

You might want to get differin and duac/benzaclyn if stopping all doesn't work, but some people have an "initial breakout" from it though.

Accutane is lame while you're on it. one of my friends had that shit, he was peeeeeeely all the time, and dry as hell.

Something that sort of works for me quite well is to get vitamin A/E gell capsules from CVS and open them, spreading the goo on my face at night. Sounds nasty, and it is =D, but it soothes your skin and helps heal open skin. It also helps reduce the intensity of my acne, making pimples smaller. Put it on on top of your regular acne medication at night and sleep belly up cause it's slimey stuff and you don't want that on your pillows. :doh:

BTW, I have pretty lame cystic acne. Not as bad as yours in number, but probly worse in size of the juiciness... yum! haha.

You might not want to try the vitamins for too long if you do decide to. This is because they are oils too. So IF YOU TRY IT AND THEN THE MORNING AFTER SEE ANYTHING WORSE AT ALL, STOP IMMEDIATELY! Sounds counter intuitive but it worked for me and one of my friends that I told. It took about 3 days for it to make a difference for me. It won't stop acne, but it makes it less intense. If putting it on your skin isn't too helpful, you can always just take the capsules orally. That would only help your health, cause they are essential vitamins.

Good luck.

Dude, I lift and take supplements as well (195 lbs - comfortably bench 375 lbs, squat 450 lbs), I'm 28 yrs old and just got back on accutane (2nd time around - did it once when I was 21) and am having to do it again. Trust me, "ack" won't keep you from lifting. You might have to lay off the N.O and go with just Cell Tech and Protein (which is what I'm taking) as you have to do blood tests every month and you don't want to increase your triglyceride levels. Overall, this second round has been fairly decent as compared to the first and my acne was bad...worse than yours.

So go on acc, swith you creatine/protien - which is safe, stay hydrated, and keep lifting. I've never done roids (except for Andro before it became illegal) and haven't lost any size or mass due to starting accutane. The B.S. about taking supplements causing acne is false, typically, as you lift more your hormones causes secretion and depending upon your skin type, the pores may become clogged - supplements don't do this...hormones and skin type does...

Keep lifting!

i got the same acne. but dawg i wana know ur regime for abs.dude i got a six pack but shit not like that. we all feel ur pain just keep ya head up.

You are very good looking, and I know how hard it can be when acne taints your self-perception. I can see that working out is a big focus in your life, but from what I'm aware of, excess exercise, especially weights, is meant to be just as bad for the skin as too little exercise. I know, we can never get it right, eh? I think it's to do with the surge of testosterone around the body, but I would have to do more research to really get my facts straight. Just be wary of how your medical treatments, healthy eating and fitness regime interweave with one another.

keep it in your pants girls.

Dude, you just gonna have to figure out for yourself what's causing your acne. that's what I found out after being on here for a couple months. The say cigarettes don't cause acne, but I smoked since I was 13. I quit about 2 weeks ago and I've had a really bad breakout. It's synonymous to the IB I got from accutane and I think doing the same thing just the all natural way.

What kind of protein are you taking? Whey is derived from cows milk which is a trigger for most people. Check for the word denatured somewhere. I would switch to soy protein or something like that.