Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have looked through all the AHA threads-but I still don't have an answer. Do I spread the AHA over my entire face or use it as a spot treatment? I have a clear face now (On Doryx & using BP) but have lots of hyperpigmentation from previous hormonal cystic acne. Please advise? Thank you! :think:

You can do both. If you have a few spots you'd like to get rid of soon, use AHA as a spot treatment.

In your case, with a clear face and hyperpigmentation, use it all over for full exfoliation.

Thanks! So I have been using it for two days and I noticed...well nothing! No tingle, no stinging...did I get a bad batch maybe? I am going to use it up but I was just wondering if maybe I was suppose to feel or see something happening? I noticed a little whitehead sprouted on the side of my nose but I think it might be this moisturizer that I am using-not the AHA. Thanks again!

i don't feel a sting either. were you using an aha product before? anyway, it doesn't mean you got a bad batch or that it's not working. just keep using it, and you'll see a difference in a couple weeks.

Thank you both for your responses! I will continue to use it all the way through. I think my face is looking smoother and more, "plump"? Although I never use moisturizer at night (my face is a complete oil pit as it is), using this has not caused me to break out or anything (hooray!). The little white head was from that darn face lotion I was using (from GreatSkin.com-suppose to be oil-free but was not). I put the AHA on it and it disappeared. Thanks again! :dance:

It doesn't make me sting either.

I used it for a while but I was so shiny, I was trying to figure out the culprit. I have been playing around with different product combos to figure it out.

I think the AHA is nice, I need to figure out if it is making me shiny, I may just try using it at night again. It is a great spot treatment too.

If you get those little bumps on your arms or legs, like so many do, it works nicely to smooth those out.

I really stings my face for a little while. I don't mind it though. It has been amazing at reliving my flakes!