Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(eLLe)

i'm starting to get chin acne!!!! WHY???!!!

my forehead has always been my trouble spots. other areas of my face have always been clear. recently, it seems like my pimples has moved south. my chin area went from getting a pimple like every half year to every week, plus many clogged pores. generally, chin pimples are bigger and borderline painful compared to forehead pimples. they also take twice as long to go away and ALWAYS leave a nasty redmark.

any suggestions to the cause of this sudden change? i don't think it's my skincare. possibly something to do with hormones? i had taken evening primrose oil for about a month, but i have now stopped taking it internally.

It's pretty normal to start out with acne on the forehead and to slowly move down to the chin/jawline area if you have hormonal acne. When I was a teen I would get a lot more pimples on my nose and forehead and now chin and jawline tend to break out the most. I do not have oily skin, but my chin always has tons of clogged pores now.

^^I agree, it is your hormones. I had acne on my cheecks and forehead throughout my teens up until about age 21 when it went south. It was pretty bad - my face was almost completely clear except for my chin and jawline. So far birth control has been my God-send to clear it up. I would look into treating your hormones if I were you.

same thing happened to me. its definitely hormones

my acne seemed like it was migrating south for the winter at one stage,i thought great soon enough it will be on my tummy and no-one will see it! :cry: didnt happen

My acne started out on my chin and between my eyebrows, with the very occasional forehead spot and no cheek spots at all. A year or so later though, and (bizarrely) the only area I struggle with is my cheeks. Thankfully, BP keeps things pretty much under control.

thank you so much guys!! :)

so i guess my hormones are messed up. when i was taking evening primrose oil internally, i had beautiful glowing skin. but my period was delayed for over a month. i got scared and that's why i stopped taking EPO. i think i'll get back on it and see how it goes this time.

thanks for all your help!