Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iCogito

Where I can buy a corset?

I want a corset. :rolleyes: ..for everyday. But I can't find any simple, plain corset anywhere around. Stupid Victoria's Secret doesn't have them(do they have anything..their stuff is lame)Any idea where corsets might be purchased in California,online? Thank you guys.

Guest kiwikali

oooh for like a cute sexy shirt? i'm not sure. but i looove frederick's of hollywood. it's a lingerie store and way cuter then vs. but it's very... stripperish. and i dont know about everyday wear. :)

oooh for like a cute sexy shirt? i'm not sure. but i looove frederick's of hollywood. it's a lingerie store and way cuter then vs. but it's very... stripperish. and i dont know about everyday wear. :)

Oh, nice. Thank you. It says their corsets are not meant to"train the waist" though..but I think I can work with that.

I've seen corsets at Target and Mervyn's (The everyday kind, not too many super sexy ones). I'm sure you can get them at places like JCPenny and stuff too. Those are the easiest stores to get nice affordable ones, imo. I'm not sure how often they carry them, but I see them a lot when I'm shopping for undies.

what exactly are you looking for? are you looking for an actual corset to shape your waist, or are you looking for a corset looking shirt? i'm confused.... sorry. i know you can get body shapers for under your clothes at just any department store. i'm not sure where to find a corset looking top; that's not really my style. good luck!

If you're interested in waist training, I'll get you a list and post it. They aren't cheap (custom made); however they ARE gorgeous. BBL.

EDIT: I sent the info via PM.

If you're interested in waist training, I'll get you a list and post it. They aren't cheap (custom made); however they ARE gorgeous. BBL.

EDIT: I sent the info via PM.

Yes, that's what I wanted.So greatful.

I want the actual corset to train my waist.

I love Fredricks of Hollywood! I second that suggestion.

I think Fredricks is waaay better than VS and their prices are cheaper too!

http://www.fredericks.com/category.asp?cat...cookie%5Ftest=1

Other suggestions:

Charlotte Russe has a few - http://www.charlotterusse.com/search/index...corset&sr=1

Any well made corset will cost at least 150$ for an under bust and 230$ for an over bust. Remember, all of the clasps and boning should be METAL, not plastic. Plastic warps with about 2 well worn uses.

You should always order your corset 4-6 inches under your current waist size. When/if you get to the point where you can lace those full 6 inches, you will need a new and smaller corset. Fortunately that takes time, even if you're wearing your corset 18 hours a day. Generally, one corset a year is doable.

Do NOT tighten your corset as far as it can go the first time. You will warp the fabric and have a high risk of tearing it open. In which case you will need a new corset. Lace it just enough so it hugs you, not cutting off circulation. It should take some time before you can really tighten it. The metal will warm and conform to your body, but it does take time.

When taking off a corset you should ALWAYS undo the lacing in the back first. After untying the knot, loosen the lacing from the middle to the ends. For ex, start from the middle and then work the laces loose up to your shoulders. After that start in the middle again and loosen down to your hips. If you take your corset off and still feel the need to suck in a huge breath, you didn't loosen your corset enough. Corset laces are ridiculously long, so there is little fear of pulling the laces out.

For beginners I recommend wearing either a tube top or a slip for the first few weeks. Your new corset will rub your skin in different ways and that can cause irritation for some. Many have also used a fine dusting powder to absorb sweat and to ease friction.

If you desire to use garters, stockings or any other kind of lingerie, put that on first. Your corset should be the last thing you put on, aside from clothes. This also goes for shoes and socks. You haven't lived until you get your corset perfectly laced and then realized you forgot shoes and then tried to bend over. (Not good.)

You can clean corsets yourself, but care must be taken. Generally spot treating with a soft damp cloth to the area will remove most spots. As for any smell, I would recommend taking to the dry cleaners. This is also depending on the kind of fabric you choose. The worst you can do is to throw it in the washer and dryer. When drying always lay flat or use clothes pins and have it hanging down. Clip the clothes pins on the section that goes around your breasts and under your arms. Never have it hang from the side (long ways down). This will warp the fabric and metal boning. Generally speaking, always let air dry. Do not hang it on a radiator or by a lamp. This warps the boning and potentially weakens/discolors the fabric.

After all that is said and done, my recommendation for a corset shop is this:

www.absolutecorsets.com

They are VERY friendly and will gladly answer all questions you have. If you have an odd body shape, Email them and they will make several recommendations.

Above all, enjoy your new corset. They are great.

Eryka: Now I totally want to buy a corset. o.o Thanks for the information!

Edit: The link to www.absolutecorsets.com doesn't work. 8<

Edit Edit: Oh wait there it goes. :D

wow...... i couldn't look up the link. :( i'm at work, and our internet is filtered, and for some reason, that site is blocked. anyway, i'm curious... can you even lace the corset yourself, or do you have to have someone help you? i could imagine it would be hard to get the corset snug against your body if you're trying to contort in all sort of ways to hold the laces.

I have a question too for the corset guru: I can't exactly wear a corset at work. How would one like myself wear a corset for waist training and still look normal? What sort of shirts can be worn? For an underbust, do I really need to get a special corset bra that goes with it?

Just for form and technique, having someone familiar with corsets is handy. But yes, you can lace yourself with some time and patience. The hardest part would be threading all the laces through your corset. That is damned near impossible and fortunately you never have to do it. The link above I sent will give you new laces if you send it back and pay some small amount.

For waist training while at work. I would go with either an underbust corset or an overbust that has a back to it.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work do you do? If you're in an office you can get corsets that are cut a little higher at the hips so sitting down isn't ridiculous. If you have a more active job then I can understand why you wouldn't want to wear one.

The kind of corset that would work best kind of depends on the work you do. If you sit more then your needs would be different than if you're on your feet most of the day.

However for my personal opinion, I would go with what's called a waist cincher:

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/underbust-c...de/vo-1915u.htm

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/underbust-c.../vo-1915u-2.htm

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/underbust-c...-1870u-blue.htm

It doesn't need to be one of those specifically but, just so you get the idea.

Over time you will have different corsets for different occasions. Some styles are better for long days on your feet and others support best when sitting. Generally though, keep a corset around your hip bone area for easier mobility. You can sit in a corset but, its not horribly comfortable.

Also, they make a sleeping corset:

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/corset-acce...bras/v-832k.htm

That can really help with waist training.

Hi

Just one more choice for the following people needed.

Shaper Corset features wide range of authentic steel boned corsets and waist cinchers.Styles cover leather corset,satin corset,pvc corset,velvet corset,bridal corset,wedding corset,fetish corset,victorian corset,girdle,renaissance corset,vintage corset,gothic corset,erotic corset,heavy duty corset,sexy corset,overbust corset,underbust corset etc.

www.shapercorset.com

post-118400-1260754445.gif

post-118400-1260754445.gif

Edited by purenancy

There are many online stores that ship across the country.So, any usa online store would ship to California.

You can check out mine

candycorsets(dot)ecrater(dot)com

Edited by melkayb