Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkinBeingaDouchebag

Do people care more about your acne in college than in high school?

People don't really change THAT much when they first get to college, honestly.

The wounds of high school are still fresh and people are still forming their identities.

It takes a couple of years for people to stop being douchebags, and for some people, the douchebaggery is a permanent condition.

Well put and so true. :clap:

In college, I've noticed a LOT of people with acne, much more than high school but that's probably because there are like 40 000 kids at my university, so it's much more common. Wierd thing about me is that most of the friends I have made were made when I was clear on my face, so it's kinda awkward for me when they see me when I'm NOT clear, because they're ALWAYS clear. Most of the people I know don't have any form of acne, but I guess that's just the crowd that I hang around with.

I agree with the loner statement. You REALLY have to initiate conversations and make friendships yourself because it is so easy to get lost in the shuffle. You don't come to class for 2 weeks and no one will notice or even give a crap unless you already know people in that class. While I lived on residence last year, I found it extremely easy to make friends because, to be honest, everyone is looking to make friends. Second year, which is where I am now, is a lot harder because your old friends are scattered and you're likely living off campus. At the same time, meeting people in a college environment is really not that hard. A lot of the first years do have the high school mentality (I know I did), but that tends to disappaear the older you grow.

i suppose not because they dont know you as well and in high school everyone knows you. also pepple in high school are less mature. take it for me and my friends we make fun of people alot because were bored

No, they care less. High school is a superficial hell-hole. I think you'll find college to be much better, as long as you don't hang around the wrong people (some people never grow up, of course).

:clap:

i dont think it matter at all. its all about who u are inside. ive made tons of friends while i had acne. and i have made friends who have acne worse than mine, but we are still close friends. iv also noticed that people tend to not care as much about how they dress or look like in college or just post high school in general. ive seen people show up in school in thei PJs with their hair everywhere. and they still got tons of friends.

bottom line is that if you're confident enough to go out and talk to people, u are 100% guaranteed to make friends. if u are confident in who u are inside, u are guaranteed to meet a nice girl who would like to explore your confidence. its all about confidence man

The verdict is unanimous. College = good / highschool = bad

graduated 2 yrs ago. College was a blast. My advice is to let go of your inhibitions and just be urself...sure some ppl will still be idiots...but less so than in highschool.