Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
d-layer

Coffee enema safety concerns

Hey everyone..

I read the entire thread of the post re: the coffee enema, it seems like a good idea.

However tonight I went to my naturopath, and he said that this can cause death.

When I told him that the info shows the only people who died were the ones that did many enemas all at once, he said "why would somebody do so many in one day, does that sound reasonable?"

I dont know what to say.

His clinic does colonics too, but just with water.

For the people who use coffee enemas, or have researched them, how safe it is it, and how often can you safely do these?

And would the warm water one be good as well?

Thanks in advance

I agree with your naturopath and had the same reaction as I was reading that thread. I'm sure enemas can be benefiitial, but doing several everyday sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

Exercise is good for you too. but working out 12 hours everyday isn't.

I agree with your naturopath and had the same reaction as I was reading that thread. I'm sure enemas can be benefiitial, but doing several everyday sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

Exercise is good for you too. but working out 12 hours everyday isn't.

Yes, I completely agree about excessive use.

But i asked the naturopath if doing one a month is ok.. he said no to that as well..?

Thx for replying

He obviously just wants to scare you into paying him for colonics. I'm not saying that coffee enemas are safe but never take the word of some one with a vested interest, particularly a financial one.

:)

He obviously just wants to scare you into paying him for colonics. I'm not saying that coffee enemas are safe but never take the word of some one with a vested interest, particularly a financial one.

:)

Yep. Never trust a derm, but even a naturopath can make you wonder...

I cannot see a need to be doing something like a coffee enema more than once a fortnight, and I probably wouldn't recommend even that much. Sure it has its benefits, but you have to ask yourself 'is this, by evolutionary standards, normal?' Maybe try it, then do it 3 weeks later if you have no problems, but it can be hard to know.

if you do enemas you are a fruitcake.

sorry but its true.

Funniest thing i heard all day