Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 16 year old daughter has been on spiro 25 mg 1x/day along wtih amoxicillin. Began the spiro about 2 1/2 months ago and just over the last week she has been almost completely acne free. She's finally very happy with her appearnace. Right before it got this good she saw derm who prescribed yaz. She began it this past Sunday. Now I've read all the posts of those who say the first couple of months on Yaz cause breakouts! My question is: what have others experienced if their skin is already almost clear on spiro and they begin yaz? If she breaks out could she just stop yaz after a week or so or do you have to go through a whole month?

Thanks,

i added yasmin to my spiro course approaching the 2 month mark and i did not break out at all. thats just my experience

No, you only get initial breakouts if your skin needs to purge out all the clogged pores that were causing the acne. Since this has already happened from the spiro, adding in Yaz should not cause another IB.