Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaTurtle

So it wasn't because of my ultra-bad lifestyle...

I spoko to my uncle and he said that both him and my dad used to have serious acne problems in their teens, and they said I was a "very good case" compared to them.

I always thought acne was because I had a "teen" life of sodas and junk food.

I don't know how to feel about it ... so that totally leaves me at point A: teen acne.

Healthy lifestyle has dramatically helped as I used to have very bad cystic acne which is now only small whiteheads but I'm still breaking out pretty often.

Although I'm not gonna wait for it to "grow on me", but I'm continuing to fight it....

/end of rant.

....well, did your dad and uncle have bad diets when they were teenagers? If they had great diets and still had acne, then I would start blaming genetics. But something tells me that might not be so.

I'm trying to start eating healthy too, but both of my parents had acne at my age and still ate "normal" (aka not healthy), so idk if a diet would help or not. I'm eating healthier now and will see how it goes.

Your relatives might have the predisposition to acne and you might have inherited such predispotion.

But both your relatives and you need a trigger to allow the predisposition to be activated.

I guess both your relatives and you had same triggers in your lifestyle.

Now a person without an inherited predispotion might suffer no consequences from those triggers but likewise you would suffer no consequences without the triggers. This also explains very easily why some people eat terribly and have no acne and why eating better makes your acne better.

What I actually wanted to say that I'm super prone to acne, and even being hollistic, leading a way better lifestyle...

And the result was only lowering the severity ... from cystic to whiteheads which I think is pretty drastic change, most of you know the difference between those two ...

my dad had bad acne as a teen and all of my sisters have gone through it. i have one who is 25 and still dealing with and has thought about accutane [even though she breaks out with 1 or 2 pimples..]

i have no idea if i will have acne till i'm 25 like her but eating healthy is much more than for acne.

i have been eating ice cream and cookies for the past couple of days and feel gross. i can't wait to start eating healthy again haha