Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lolitayaya

when will it end?

I've been on acutane twice, once when i was about 16 and again last year- I'm almost 21. I have also tried every other topical meds and over the counter creams, cleansers, toners, scrubs etc as well as dermalogica and other natural 'remedies' such as extra virgin oil, apple cider vinegar, green tea etc.

The irony is that I dont have oily skin!

I get bumps all along my jaw line and a little above that area. My forehead never breaks out, neither does my nose or the main part of my cheeks. Right now I have like a huge cyst which is painful and angry and infected.

I find that manuka honey worked a little on my bumps etc but it doesnt stop new horrors from forming.

I drink green tea, hot water and lemon, no meat, allergic to dairy so that hasnt even been an option and drink lots of water. never drink tea or coffee and vert RARELY fizzy drinks.

I take vitamins: E, C, hair skin and nails formula. I also take a drink of apple cider vinegar at night too.

I often get dry skin around my chin.

Can anyone help me?

Consider other allergies. My cystic acne was caused by an allergy to citrus. And I figured it out from a coworker who only broke out on her chin and otherwise had perfect skin. I, of course, had all kinds of acne.

Consider other allergies. My cystic acne was caused by an allergy to citrus. And I figured it out from a coworker who only broke out on her chin and otherwise had perfect skin. I, of course, had all kinds of acne.

I agree with alterna... you should try eliminating foods from your diet and reintroducing them to see if they cause reactions. Google search "food challenge" or "elimination diet" to get some more info. I am doing it right now and am completely 100 per cent clear of cysts (knock on wood!!). I am starting to think that wheat gluten is the culprit in my case, but I have heard all sorts of things from different oils to fruit to dairy as triggers for acne.

Best of luck!

I 100% agree! The only treatment that has ever worked for me is diet regulation. It may be crack-pot, but the "wai diet" (google it) has worked for me. Too bad it's kinda gross.

Okay, so ProActive quit working for me after a year and I finally went to the Derm with a not-too-bad complexion in March. She put me on Differin at night, and Clindamycin + Nutrogena Dry Touch 30 SPF during the day. The Differin didn't make me any better or worse (well, maybe a bit redder).

So after 10 weeks, I went back to the Derm and she put me on Tazorac Gel w/ a Gly-Sal facewash (Glycolic Acid 10%, Salicylic Acid 2%). I've been on Taz Gel for 10 weeks, and have seen NO improvement---only worsening. Flaky skin +redness+ whiteheads + new zits. What should I do? My next appt. is not for 4 weeks!

Also, I should note that I still use ProActive on my forehead and temples, and it keeps my fairly clear. It's only when I apply it to my cheeks, chin and nose that I get ULTRA dry, peel and break out.

Thanks everyone,

OriginalID99