Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jennifern

Shiny Face After Washing

I am on Day 35 of Accutane. Just in the last couple of days I have noticed that my face gets really shiny after I wash it. Why is this happening and how can I get rid of it? I know that I can put powder on my face. What else can I do other than makeup? I moisturize regularly and my face still looks shiny when I put moisturizer on after washing. I use a gentle face wash and don't wash too often.

im on month 6 and my face is liek that too! i dont know why!? help!?

its shiny right after i was my face and then i moisturize of course cuz my skin is dry and its still shiny! its not greasy, the actual skin is shiny.

enyone else have this???

I notice it occasionally as well. I think its just from the dryness cuz the skin thats shinny isn't oily but its dry. Who knows, all i know is its gone in the morning so whatever.

Does your skin feel tight? Sometimes that happens to me when my skin is dry, and my moisturizer doesn't absorb but just sticks to the surface. I have to either use less moisturizer or put some water on to break it down.

If your face doesn't feel dry, then I don't know.

Does your skin feel tight? Sometimes that happens to me when my skin is dry, and my moisturizer doesn't absorb but just sticks to the surface. I have to either use less moisturizer or put some water on to break it down.

If your face doesn't feel dry, then I don't know.

My face did feel tight. I think that the moisturize was not absorbing well because I used as much as any other time and it didn't rub in very well. Maybe it has somehting to do with how fast the skin turns over while on accutane or something like that...who knows! I only have my face get shiny occasionally now. Next time it happens I will try using less moisturizer.

Drinking more water is even MORE important whilst on Accutane. You might find that some of the tightness and shininess from dry skin improves with better hydration. Make sure your diet's good, too.

I am on Day 35 of Accutane. Just in the last couple of days I have noticed that my face gets really shiny after I wash it. Why is this happening and how can I get rid of it? I know that I can put powder on my face. What else can I do other than makeup? I moisturize regularly and my face still looks shiny when I put moisturizer on after washing. I use a gentle face wash and don't wash too often.

mine does the same thing after washing. my skin isnt oily at all though but its not dried out either.

i dont know what causes this but your not alone

Hey, I'm actually not on accutane yet (starting in August, yay!) and I have this problem. My skin is not even oily but I notice it just looks thicker and shinier but not oily shiny, but another kind of shiny. It's probably not noticeable to others, but I do notice it. If anyone has any insight into this, I'd love to hear.