Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have no more pimples, im 100% clear when it comes to pimples

Now I only have about 5 6 small blackheads on my lower part of my chin.

I also noticed some very small non inflamed bumps... my mom told me that they are clogged pores that need to be opened and I should steam my face.

Will steaming open those pores up and remove my blackheads?

ALSO IMPORTANT

Will steaming my face cause me to breakout?

i steam my face and putt on my cleanser right after to get DEEP in pores than i wash my face with cold water and it seems to work well also what would set the kill to the blackheads is steam ur face pat it dry super quick than put a blackhead tape strip on them oh god that will get everything actually im gonna do that

Okay, I know everyone would love to argue this but.... But as a cosmetologist, steaming your face has not been proven to actually open your pores. Atleast that's what I've been taught. And with my experience I have not found steaming to clear out clogged pores. They would have to be extracted manually. Something I'm not liscenced to do, thank god lol.

Oh, and to answer your question steaming your face will not cause you to break out. The point of steaming is to get your blood circulating, along with massage helps create new skin cell production. Make sure your towels arn't too hot, and for god sakes dont put your face over a boiling pot of water like I've heard on here LOL.

and for god sakes dont put your face over a boiling pot of water like I've heard on here LOL.

Too late lol

I could only do it for like 12 minutes before the sweat actually from my face started to run down my chest...

I cleaned my face, toned and put some 2.5% BP all over my face even though I don't have pimples but to prevent them...

It feels like my skin is more hydrated... thats about it... I also think it got the blackheads out but its still bumpy but I think that might take a day or 2 to go down...

A theory as to why steaming might make blackhead extraction easier (because WantsToBeBeautiful is totally right, it doesn't open pores):

Possibly the heat reduces the viscosity of oil, making it thinner, less solid, and therefore easier to extract.

Also, steaming just feels good, dammit.