Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dx4567

Putting lemon juice on face whilst on Roaccutane

Hi all.

I've been on Roaccutane 60mg/day for around 7 weeks now.

I've recently read that applying lemon juice to the face can help fade hyperpigmentation patches and that it acts as a mild peel.

Is it advisable to apply lemon juice to the face whilst on Roaccutane? Surely it can't be that dangerous, can it?

Hi all.

I've been on Roaccutane 60mg/day for around 7 weeks now.

I've recently read that applying lemon juice to the face can help fade hyperpigmentation patches and that it acts as a mild peel.

Is it advisable to apply lemon juice to the face whilst on Roaccutane? Surely it can't be that dangerous, can it?

I'd be careful to not follow everything you read on the internet :P

but...the rule of thumb is to avoid any of these things on accutane, especially putting acid (albeit mild) on your face :P

you should talk to your derm about anything you plan to do with your skin. you might burn your skin because lemon juice is acidic and accutane makes your skin much more sensitive. i wouldn't chance it. you are taking accutane to make your skin more beautiful so why risk making it look worse or permenantly damaging it?

hi, in relation to this topic is there anything you can use while on accutane to help fade those nasty red/purple marks left behind?thanks