Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I don't know if little kids just like to stare at strangers in general, but I feel like they stare at me in particular due to my acne / acne scarring. It's really quite uncomfortable, especially when you stare back at them, and they keep on staring! God help me, one day I will scare the living hell out of one of those kids :evil: . Maybe I'm just really hot :whistle: .

Anyone else have this experience?

Kids are so innocently fascinated with what's different. They can't help it.

I can't recall any experiences with kids staring at my face, but when my daughter was little and just learning how to draw people with characteristics (a step up from stick figures), every time she drew me she'd add big dots to my face. It hurt my feelings, but I didn't say anything about it because that's what she saw. *shrug*

Kids are so innocently fascinated with what's different. They can't help it.

I can't recall any experiences with kids staring at my face, but when my daughter was little and just learning how to draw people with characteristics (a step up from stick figures), every time she drew me she'd add big dots to my face. It hurt my feelings, but I didn't say anything about it because that's what she saw. *shrug*

That's why I'm scared to ever get a self-portrait :redface:

I teach piano students on the side (many of whom are children) and thus spend a few hours every week in extremely close proximity (I sit very near the piano bench) to children. I've had one or two comment in the past, but instead of taking the opportunity to feel down or insulted, I've politely explained what was going on to them. They generally nod their heads, accept it, and move on.

Yeah, as much as a truthful comment from a child can be hurtful, I think to make it fair, we need to understand that they don't really have a concept of what things they should say or not say (regardless of whether they think it or not).

All in all, you should just think that they're staring at you because you're "hot". Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

i remember a time when i was watching tv with my little cousin.he was about 5 or so at the time problably less.and a proactive comercial comes on and they say the words pimples and he turns and looks at me and says "hey you have pimples" and pointed at my face..i was like yeap i do..i mean theyre little kids they dont know any better i guess..but still its sad that a kid said that to me.

i remember a time when i was watching tv with my little cousin.he was about 5 or so at the time problably less.and a proactive comercial comes on and they say the words pimples and he turns and looks at me and says "hey you have pimples" and pointed at my face..i was like yeap i do..i mean theyre little kids they dont know any better i guess..but still its sad that a kid said that to me.

My face was once so swollen and red while on accutane my younger cousin thought my father beat me

I've had that happen before. I thought it was funny, actually.

One time, a little sister of my friend asked me, "What are those things on your face?"

I took great relish in explaining all the nasty details and letting her know she'd be getting them too pretty soon.

Evil, I know, but I couldn't help it, it was too much fun.

I've had that happen before. I thought it was funny, actually.

One time, a little sister of my friend asked me, "What are those things on your face?"

I took great relish in explaining all the nasty details and letting her know she'd be getting them too pretty soon.

Evil, I know, but I couldn't help it, it was too much fun.

Lol, you're evil but it would have been funny to see the expression on their faces :whistle:

Ugh! I thought kids just like to stare anyone they've never met before! Is it because of my acne scarrings?

I'll never 4get my 1st day of college.... I was registering for classes and there was a mother in the room with her kids. They started whispering to one another and eventually 1 of the kids pointed at me and asked their mom, "Does he have chicken pocks?"

I know it was just "children being childeren" but I still felt like sh*t.... I called the dermatologist a couple days after that. The only thing that ended up working for me was Accutane and Dan's BP. Now, i only get the occasional small zit and that is cool with me.

Ugh! I thought kids just like to stare anyone they've never met before! Is it because of my acne scarrings?

Sometimes they do just stare. I don't know what it is, but babies always follow my trail like a dog watching a treat. When I smile, they usually do, or try to, so I know it's not because I'm a freak.

When kids get older, they get curious about skin and all that. But I honestly don't think it's malicious in any way, for the most part. Sure there are snots (like I was), but if you don't take it personally, it's actually quite sweet.

I don't really like kids in general, but I especially don't like the one that likes to point and shout that there is something on your face. And parents should know better to teach their children to behave. Since I was little, around 4, my parents already thought me about manner, I always behave myself, never insulted other people *but I did insult people when I was a teenager LOL* and never made trouble in public places or other people's houses.

When I find kids that have no manner I simply ignore them. One of my friend's son who is 7 for some reason like to be near me and said mean things about me. First I ignore him, cause just like most of you I still tolerate him for being a child. But then he started to come to my apartment, play in my room and said that my face and hair is ugly. I imediately told him that If he cannot say anything nice about people than he really shouldn't be saying anything at all. And since then, my door is closed for that kid. Maybe I am harsh, but even children should know common decency.

i remember being slightly embarrassed teh first time i was asked what the dots on my face were. but i know the kid wasn't being mean just curious. so i just tell them its teenager stuff and that they'll get it when they're older lol

Kids just stare at people sometimes.

It doesn't always even have to do with acne.

One time, I was at a local art festival and there was a kid standing next to me at this one booth and he was just staring at me.

I was worried that he was going to ask about my face (even though I had loads of makeup covering my acne), because little kids had said very blunt things in the past about my skin, but then suddenly the kid just says out of nowhere, "You're pretty."

It was completely adorable and it made my day!

So, unless the kid just straight says something like "What's wrong with your face?" or "It's okay. My sister has those dots, too," then just assume they're staring at you in awe of your magnificent beauty.

So I don't know if little kids just like to stare at strangers in general, but I feel like they stare at me in particular due to my acne / acne scarring. It's really quite uncomfortable, especially when you stare back at them, and they keep on staring! God help me, one day I will scare the living hell out of one of those kids :evil: . Maybe I'm just really hot :whistle: .

Anyone else have this experience?

Yeah they stare at me. To them I'm a superhero. They usually see me at the grocery store towering over them with bulging muscles and a back to die for. On the streets they see me on my bike and wave at me. I don't wave back because riding motocycle is serious business. They still cheer! :dance: