Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
absolution

Baking Soda

Hello.

So Im considering using Baking Soda to "balance the pH level of my skin" etc. How exactly do I use it? Im really scared because it seems very harsh and I dont want to do it wrong!

Thanks

I love using baking soda! Dont worry their really isnt a wrong way to use it. just put some baking soda in your hand, wet your face and rub it all around your face for like 15- 20 seconds. It can be a little harsh but its not that bad. After your skin will be glowing. :dance:

Also you can use apple cider vinegar to balance your PH too.

Hello.

So Im considering using Baking Soda to "balance the pH level of my skin" etc. How exactly do I use it? Im really scared because it seems very harsh and I dont want to do it wrong!

Thanks

well it depends on what the other products you use are baking soda is an alkilie, so it your products are more acidic for example dan kerns mositeriser then you would use baking soda, if the cleaner you was using was an alkile then you would use something that is acidic to help balance you ph such as the menioned apple cider vinegar

baking soda is mostly used as a scrub as its very very fine so it does not block your pores, so it scrubs all the dead skin of this gives it the glow that natashaaaaa mentioned

as for how to use it, it depends

when to use it

most people only use a product like this 1-2 times a week as it is very rough on your skin

using it daily (once per day not twice) removes dead skin as it dies.....kinda, so you would benifit from a fresh face each day. using it twice daily will cause you to go bright red

how to use it

i use a different method to natashaaa, my method is much easier to control.... but looking at his/her method it may not be as effective but i use it everyday so i need to control how much i use to stop my skin from going bright red. i use a small cup, put some baking power in it and then add some water the more water you add the less effective the powder will be, however if you do not add enough water then it will turn your skin red, this just takes some practice, then mix it with your finger (or you chould use a teasoon i guess) then apply it over your face, and the plus side of this method is that if you still have some of the mix left you can just cover it and save it for the next time as it keeps for at least a week (i never have any left after around a week so not sure if it lasts longer)

also if you use either mine or natashas method if you find it too harse then use more water as it spreads the soda out a little more so its not as rough

well i just came on to edit my post i was on about baking soda, i would recommend it over powder (there both alkili which is what your looking for) and they both have pretty much the same effect but some people find powder damages there skin (people with less sensitive skin find that it does not harm there skin)

I've had some success with baking soda. What I did was to wash my face, and while it is still wet, rub a small amount of bicarbonate of soda in my face, like a scrub, and then wash it off.

Watch out though: You should NOT rub BAKING POWDER on your skin. BAKING POWDER is a combination of sodium bicarbonate and a few other ingredients which are useful in baking, but very harsh on the skin.

Make sure what you are using is BICARBONATE OF SODA, which is the raw ingredient, Sodium Bicarbonate.

Very simple and it works wonders for some people including myself.

What I do is after I wash my face with soap, I lather some more soap in my hand and add a half a teaspoon of BS to it. Then proceed to wash my face again with the BS and soap combined. I do this every evening so if I do happen to scrub to hard, my face will have time to heal as I sleep.

I've only been doing it for a week, but I can tell a major difference. My skin is glowing.

Love it.