Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simon17777

dermabrasion on small area, still red after 6 weeks

i had dermabrasion done on a small area, about 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch, to remove hypertrophic scars.

it's been over 6 weeks and that area is still very red, when will it fades?

are there any topicals i can use?

i'm asian, does the redness last longer on asian skin?

I have been researching dermabrasion and it is supposed to say red for quite some time. But my question is how did it do on your hypertrophic scar? I have a hypertrophic surgical scar and my doctor said dermabrasion will not help it.

the doctor froze the hypertrophic scars and used a dermabrasion tool to sand them off.

both hypertrophic scars are gone but the treated area is still very red.

the doctor froze the hypertrophic scars and used a dermabrasion tool to sand them off.

Maybe you should try photo facials. I had a dermabrassion to remove acne scars and it worked, but I unfortunately developed a hypertrophic scar a long the jawline on each cheek. Anyhow, I've been getting photo facials and it is helping a lot of the redness. Also I still had some red areas from the dermabrassion and the photo facials completely remove the redness. Now i just have the hypertrophic scars which are still somewhat red and raised. I think the photo facials will really work for you.

Maybe you should try photo facials. I had a dermabrassion to remove acne scars and it worked, but I unfortunately developed a hypertrophic scar a long the jawline on each cheek. Anyhow, I've been getting photo facials and it is helping a lot of the redness. Also I still had some red areas from the dermabrassion and the photo facials completely remove the redness. Now i just have the hypertrophic scars which are still somewhat red and raised. I think the photo facials will really work for you.

You might want to try a cream with msm in it, I found it helped my redness!

i got the dermabrasion done for free at a government clinic by a student medical doctor.

maybe that's why i had poor results.

she was really aggressive on treating them. she went over the scars many times until it was flat with the surrounding skin. it took me couple weeks to completely healed.

the hypertrophic scars came back but only about one third of the height of the original scars.

it's over 4 months and the redness is still very prominent, i'm worried it could be permanent.

i got the dermabrasion done for free at a government clinic by a student medical doctor.

maybe that's why i had poor results.

she was really aggressive on treating them. she went over the scars many times until it was flat with the surrounding skin. it took me couple weeks to completely healed.

the hypertrophic scars came back but only about one third of the height of the original scars.

it's over 4 months and the redness is still very prominent, i'm worried it could be permanent.

Sounds like she was very aggressive if she leveled it with the surrounding skin, which would be normal to be red untill now and I highly doubt it will be permanent. Keep trying none aggressive approaches in treating the redness, tape or silicone sheets might work and try not to touch it.

How does the texture look? Much better? Where do you find a government clinic to do things like that?

Look in the red spots after acne section and check out some of the cream remedies. A peel might even help.

I really would love to hear the details regarding the effect on the hypertrophic scar. How did it help with texture and is it level? Do you have pictures? Did it scar worse? Does it stretch weird?

the skin texture is worse than before. and i get a couple of new big pores in it, they are also very noticeable along with the redness and the bad skin texture.

it's a county clinic.

fortunately, i only done a small area.

east asian and south east asian skins should avoid this treatment.