Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
petrosss

best protein sources for acne ?

Hi , ive just joined up to a gym and am wondering which are the healthiest sources of protein to consume consume. i no this isnt a gym forumm but use all seem to know alot about healthy living .. im also currently on a course of accutane (40mg and 3 weeks in) so am not interested in supplementing. so what are the healthiest and best for the skin , other than tuna and salmon..

thanks

Hi , ive just joined up to a gym and am wondering which are the healthiest sources of protein to consume consume. i no this isnt a gym forumm but use all seem to know alot about healthy living .. im also currently on a course of accutane (40mg and 3 weeks in) so am not interested in supplementing. so what are the healthiest and best for the skin , other than tuna and salmon..

thanks

pROTEInS fROm SOYA BEANS r HEALTHIEST NATURAL AND HIGH IN pROtEiNS :D I DRINK EM EVERY MORNING

Meat is just generally the best source of protein, providing a variety of essential and non-essential amino acids. Chicken, beef, lamb, whatever. Try to get your meat from a good source, though, that treats their animals well. Animals that grow up on a natural diet will yield healthier meat.

thanks

pROTEInS fROm SOYA BEANS r HEALTHIEST NATURAL AND HIGH IN pROtEiNS :D I DRINK EM EVERY MORNING

Wrong.

i get most of my protein from chicken, turkey, and salmon. I've been avoiding red meats, i don't know if they break me out or are less healthy, im just being careful

i get most of my protein from chicken, turkey, and salmon. I've been avoiding red meats, i don't know if they break me out or are less healthy, im just being careful

I think the biggest problem with red meat (I'm referring to beef) and the way we raise cattle in particular to produce this is it's very detrimental to the cow's health which obviously transfers to the meat it yields and therefore when we consume the meat it's not great for our health either. I think this is why some people have problems with red meat (I've often heard people stating steak, burgers, etc. taste great but it sits and rots in their gut). You could give some grass-fed beef a shot or just stick with what you're doing as that's what I'm sticking with for now as well (I'm also consuming pork though).

IMO soy protein is absolute garbage. If you want to consume some type of protein powder whey isolate seems to be the best bet. Otherwise, stick with healthy animal sources. Eggs are also great and cheap if you can tolerate them.

Organic, free range chicken seems to be the best for me. I used to eat conventional, but it seemed to trigger breakouts, so I switched to organic and my skin improved.

I also like raw hemp protein and rice protein.

Hemp

Hemp seeds have the most complete edible and usable protein in the vegetable kingdom. Although soybeans are said to contain more, much of it is unusable by the human body. Proteins serve such functions as acting as enzymes, antibodies, and the structural components of tissues, hormones, and blood protein. The main function of dietary protein is to supply the building blocks called amino acids so that they can be used to reconstruct other proteins needed for the growth and maintenance of body tissue.

Proteins are often classified as structural (fibrous) or biologically active (globular). Structural proteins include collagen, keratin, and fibrinogen, which are the main constitutents of bones, skin, hair, ligaments, feathers, and hooves! Biologically active proteins are mainly globulins and include such things as hormones, hemoglobin, antibodies (immunoglobulins), and enzymes. Although the body can make globular proteins out of any protein that enters the body, it is much more efficient for the body to make globulins out of globular starting material.

What makes globular proteins so special is that they are precursors to some of the most vital chemicals in the body:

* hormones (which regulate all the body processes);

* hemoglobin (which transports oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitric oxide);

* enzymes (which catalyze and control biochemical reactions);

* antibodies (immunoglobulins which fend off invading bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens, as well as toxins or antigens as they enter the body).

The total protein content of hemp seed is about 65% of the globular protein edestin, which closely resembles the globulin found in human blood plasma. It is easily digested, absorbed, and utilized by humans and vital to maintaining a healthy immune system. Edestin has the unique ability to stimulate the manufacture of antibodies against invasive agents and is nearly phosphorus-free, which is important for kidney ailments. The other important protein in hemp seed is albumin, which is also a highly digestible protein because of its globular shape. Albumin is a major free radical scavenger and is the industry standard for protein quality evaluation.

Hemp protein contains all 21 known amino acids, including the 8 essential ones adult bodies cannot produce. Proteins are considered complete when they contain all the essential amino acids in sufficient quantities and ratios to meet the body's needs. The following are the 21 most common amino acids, with the 8 essential ones in bold:

* alanine

* arginine

* aspargine

* aspartic acid

* cysteine

* glutamic acid

* glutamine

* glycine

* histidine

* isoleucine

* leucine

* lysine

* methionine

* phenylalanine

* proline

* serine

* taurine

* threonine

* tryptophan

* tyrosine

* valine

* taurine (considered essential for premature babies)

* histidine (considered essential for children, but not for adults)

Proteins are potential allergens, which also include soy, dairy, or peanut proteins. However, no hemp seed allergies have ever been reported. Several oilseeds also contain anti-nutritional factors; for example, the trypsin inhibitors in soybeans; but none of these factors are known to occur in hemp seeds. Hemp seeds also contain fewer oligosaccharides, present in peas and beans and which cause intestinal gas. A significant number of people are becoming allergic to soy products, possibly because most are from genetically engineered crops or grown with the use of chemicals. On the other hand, because hemp seed does not require chemicals or genetic alteration, it rarely, if ever, causes sensitivity.

Hemp seed protein can supply any diet with a vegetarian source of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fibre, chlorophyll, and a complete, balanced gluten-free source of the essential amino acids.

Soybeans 35.0%

Hemp seed shelled 31.0%

Hamburger beef 27.1%

Blue fish 26.0%

Cheddar cheese 23.5%

Chicken 23.5%

Hempseed -- whole 23.0%

Almonds 18.3%

Wheat flour 13.3%

Egg 12.0%

Tofu 08.0%

Rice 07.5%

Skimmed milk 03.7%

I also joinned a gym , :P and i do eat Chicken breast , canned salmon. =\

btw nuts and seeds has protein , u guys forgot about that.

and they healthy ,

so exercising good right?

Lifting weight , working on abs..

Chicken Breats, Low fat yogurt cups (8oz) have anywhere from 8 to 11+ grams of protein. Peanut butter is packed too but go for the low fat kind.

Chicken Breats, Low fat yogurt cups (8oz) have anywhere from 8 to 11+ grams of protein. Peanut butter is packed too but go for the low fat kind.

I would go for almond butter instead , which i am going to buy , for Protein. :D

I would go for almond butter instead , which i am going to buy , for Protein. :D

go for the low fat kind, you are gonna pack on some unwanted weight

I eat fried pork rind as a snack for some protein

But I doubt u r on low carb diet though since u seem to want to gain weight

( not saying u cant eat it if u r not low carb...it's for everyone that wants protein)

I eat fried pork rind as a snack for some protein

But I doubt u r on low carb diet though since u seem to want to gain weight

( not saying u cant eat it if u r not low carb...it's for everyone that wants protein)

I thought pork is bad? just asking

I love pork... ;/ but i saw is bad etc.