Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been doing the regimen for 3 days and am impressed with the rapid fading of pimples, however today my cheeks have a kind of raised rash of bumps on them, really itchy and yuck looking , and I can feel the same thing happening on my neck/chin area. It almost feels like a mask, it's like a thick layer of skin. It looks like a lot of large raised pores but is a dry rashy thing. I tried to exfoliate the area but it just irritated it more. Is this normal? Or am I allergic? How long will this phase last if it is normal? I am using a 5% BP gel and can't afford to go out and buy 2.5% now.

Should I drop back to only once a day and avoid putting BP on my cheeks til it settles? Or continue as normal?

You either started out with too much bp too soon, or it's possible you may be allergic. Allergy signs are usuallly rash, intense itching, swelling, oozing, crusting.

If you think you may have just been overzealous in starting, go ahead and skip the next application or two and let your skin settle down, and if you want to try it again start out with a very tiny amount of bp once daily, like a pea-sized blob. Use this small blob once daily for the next week and see how it goes. If that goes well, then the next week use the same pea-sized blob twice daily and see how it goes. Be sure to use moisturizer as well. If you don't get any of the allergy signs, then you probably just started out with too much and you can slowly and gradually work your way up to the full amount over the next several weeks. However if those symptoms return and/or get worse, you should discontinue it.

Also, see if you can possibly get a hold of 2.5% bp. It's easier on the skin while still very effective.

Good luck!

I've been doing the regimen for 3 days and am impressed with the rapid fading of pimples, however today my cheeks have a kind of raised rash of bumps on them, really itchy and yuck looking , and I can feel the same thing happening on my neck/chin area. It almost feels like a mask, it's like a thick layer of skin. It looks like a lot of large raised pores but is a dry rashy thing. I tried to exfoliate the area but it just irritated it more. Is this normal? Or am I allergic? How long will this phase last if it is normal? I am using a 5% BP gel and can't afford to go out and buy 2.5% now.

Should I drop back to only once a day and avoid putting BP on my cheeks til it settles? Or continue as normal?

My 15 y.o. daughter also experienced this 'rash' 3 days in of BP regimen application. So we stopped the regimen and putting any kinds of chemical/non-natural stuff (including moisturizer and soap/cleanser) on her skin and started putting natural aloe vera gel (straight from the plant leave inside) to 'correct' her skin. So far, after 4 days of aloe vera treatement, redness is gone and swelling has lessened but the rash (the tiny raised bumps) are still there. How do we get rid of this rash?