Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PakaLoloz

Rate Dan's Moisturizer as a stand-alone product

Rate Dan's Moisturizer, ive been using Dan's Moisturizer by itself for 2 months now and i havnt used many moisturizers before so i would like to know what you guys think of it because im thinking of buying the Olay All Day Moisturizer, this is my routine=

AM.

Wash face with purpose soap bar, put Dan's Moistuirzer on

PM.

Wash face with purpose soap bar, put Retin-a on before i sleep

my face gets a little red, and im just looking for a good moisturizer i have no more pimples just redmarks so im really trying to not use anything that could ruin my routine

http://www.acne.org/acne.org-moisturizer-r.../448/page1.html thats what people think of the moisturiser as a stand alone moisturiser.

i use it and love it because i think moisturisers can be so hit and miss and often cause people to break out because of their nature of being so thick and staying on the skin for so long. i trust dan's not to lead to further break outs and i find if i add a couple of drops of jojoba its easily hydrating enough. however i know retin a is pretty drying and causes a lot of flakes so maybe dans wouldnt be hydrating enough for you?

If it's working well for you, then that's great! You can certainly keep using it. However, you may want to use the Olay for senstive skin spf 15 for daytime use since it has sunscreen.

Dan's moisturizer simply does not agree with my skin. After application my face instantly goes a bright shade of red, and remains that colour for several hours afterwards. Additionally, because the consistency is so thin, it doesn't control flakiness particularly well.

My moisturizer of choice is Cetaphil. Although it takes a while to absorb when combined with benzoyl peroxide, it does a superb job of keeping flakes at bay and keeps the skin feeling soft and supple throughout the duration of the day. A definite must try for those with dry skin!

I've been switching moisturizers for years. Dan's is easily the best one I have ever tried. It doesn't leave a sticky residue or leave your face shiny and it feels extremely soothing when you apply it.

I love it. I would recommend sticking with it. But if you really have to switch, Cetaphil is alright.

I agree it is the best moisturizer I've used and I have used plenty. I am about to start using one that has SPF in it, but I still have 1/2 a bottle of Dan's just incase :surprised: