Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going to California soon and I must bring my regimen products. They are my first priority!

Does this seem like too much to bring, as in bulkiness?

12oz. Cleanser

2oz. Benzoyl Peroxide

16. oz Moisturizer

6oz. AHA+

4oz. Jojoba oil

Any ideas on how to reduce the bulk?

ha yeah tell me about it whenever i go to stay anywhere about a third of my bag is taken up with all my regimen products! have you thought about getting little travel size 2oz bottles from drugstores (i guess thats what you'd get them, pharmacies here anyway) and decanting some product into them? they're about 1 pound each here in the uk so not pricey at all. that should make it all a bit smaller. you'd probably want to just keep the aha and jojoba in their bottles though as i cant imagine them being great to decant. or just leave them out for a few days? as long as you've got the bp you should be ok, how long are you away for?

If you are wanting to bring these in carry-on bags, you'll need to take smaller sizes. Otherwise they can be place in a large ziploc bag and put in your checked in baggage.

For carry-on luggage, you can use travel sizes (no larger than 3oz.) as many as you can put into a quart sized baggie. Unless this has changed from last year when I last traveled.

It would definitely be worth your while to get some cheap tiny bottles at a place like Walmart or Target in their travel size beauty/bodycare section. Then you can pump the products in and not have to deal with the huge bottles. If you have more time, you can order the travel sized Acne.org 2.0 oz bottles, and reuse those in the future by pumping stuff back into them.

If I'm going to be gone just for a day or two (needing to do three or fewer regimen applications), I've improvised a low-bulk regimen. I bring no cleanser and just use water and a toothbrush to rinse and exfoliate my face, like the baby brush method. I bring a bottle of jojoba oil and double bag it, because leaky jojoba is a nightmare near your clothes. I use an old tube of Dan's BP (I kept one after he switched to pumps just for this reason :) ). I use Complex 15 Face Cream during the day, which is a small 2.5 oz tube and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion at night, which is a small 2.5 oz bottle.

I'm going away for 3 weeks. I don't think 2oz. would cut it.

I guess I'll have to bring along everything lol.

Cerave Cleanser

BP

Moisturizer

AHA+

Jojoba Oil

Anyways, I'm thinking of trying out Purpose's cleanser in the bottle.

I'm just worried about the SLS as the 3rd ingredient.

^I've heard that even being the third ingredient, SLS is only at a 1% concentration and isn't a problem.

I agree with buying the little travel size bottles at Target or Walmart and transfer enough BP, cleanser, etc into those. I know Dan carries travel size stuff as well, but I don't know if you have that much time or want to spend that much money.

I agree with buying the little travel size bottles at Target or Walmart and transfer enough BP, cleanser, etc into those. I know Dan carries travel size stuff as well, but I don't know if you have that much time or want to spend that much money.

I have the time to order those, but I personally think they are a rip off for the size.

It's a good thing that Dan's cleanser comes with a optional cap :clap: