Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
urtoxic

dermaroller , needling?

Hi all, I m just wondering what is the difference between dermaroller and needling? I am really confused...... and what materials do we need in order to perform either of them? I am considering to try this procedure. thanks =)

A dermaroller is a device that has several needles (the length of needles varies), while you roll it these needles are penetrating your skin. When people say "needling" they are usually referring to using one needle to penetrate a scar from different angles. Both of them are forms of collagen induction therapy. You can goodsearch "dermaroller" and you'll find several photos.

Thank you !

so is it better to do needling or dermaroller?? or they are both the same??? dermaroller seems not as scary as using a needle to penetrate a scar from different angles

Needling is better (in my opinion) if you have someone skilled in needling than the results can be impressive (sometimes it takes a few sessions). The positive thing about needling is it is a cheap method that works for scarring. Dermarolling is faster but it doesn't aim any specific scar just a wide area. I've done dermarolling with a 1mm it burns like hell! I think needling would be less painful b/c it's only one needle penetrating you at one time. When docs do dermarolling they use pressure and do it aggressively. They'll use numbing cream :), some say it still hurts though. Aiming at a scar at different angles is a good thing! I do think the person has to have some knowledge of CIT to do needling successfully. I have three dermarollers sitting in a drawer, I honestly am just a wimp. I'm thinking about trying again a month from now in b/w my lasers, I just need the pain tolerance and time to spend off work. I just had laser done yesterday and even today I'm presentable. My doc is gone all August so next treatment would be September. I've done sooo much research on scar treatments, sometimes for hours on this website. Needling helps every acne scar type and even scars that aren't acne related. Some women get it done for wrinkles! If you have dermarolling/needling done professionally you'll be swollen for days. Someone who's had needling posted some photos, I'll see if I can find them. I also have a bunch of photos I found on one of my old threads.

what if a dermaroller is used several times on the same area? does it help then? i've just had my first dermaroller session with my doctor but it was a mild one just to start off with, the next one wouldnt be and i was swollen for 2 days..i do see a little improvement.

Do you have to stay out of the sun after a dermarolling? Does it cause any permanent scars if you don't do it right? How long does the rawness stay there for?

if you're asking me lol, yes, i was told to stay out of the sun and i need to put sunscreen on as well as to put moisturizer on..i'm not too sure bout the answer to the second question, i guess it depends on how experienced the person is? as for the last question, since it was a mild one, my face was only red for 2 days.

i want to try self needling, or self dermarolling!!! because i see somewhere in the forum saying that you know your own skin better !!!!! so i want to know what do i need to do to selfneedle/dermaroll

btw, I went to the beach after i got my laser before.....it didnt really do anything.....but i guess still putting on sunscreeen will be better...!