Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry if this question has been asked before-I did search some of the archives, but not all.

Is it okay to use Mary Kay makeup products on acne skin? I can't really afford Mary Kay, but the lady already has my color matched, and I can't find the right color in the drugstore, and I just fell in love with the way the soft powder felt like nothing on my skin but looked so good. She won't sell it to me until I am somewhat clearer (started Tazorac last night) but I really want to use this stuff if it won't conflict with my skin and make the acne worse. Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately you won't know if it breaks you out unless you try it. This is because different ingredients react differently on peoples' skin. But - the fact that she is hesitant to sell it to you until you are clearer doesn't sound too promising to me.

Mary Kay's mediuma and full coverage foundations broke me out after about a month of using them. I used the loose powder for awhile, but did not seem to have a problem. Tamara is correct, you won't really know until you try. Good Luck though!

Mary Kay foundation also broke me out pretty badly as well as the press powder. But the worse come to mascara.....my eyes got violent allergic reaction to it. sad.gif

I've been using Mary Kay now for about a month or so (not entirely sure about the time frame) and it hasn't broken me out. But, I do mix the medium coverage with the heavy coverage so it makes a med-heavy coverage with just the right amounts of pink/yellow in the mix. biggrin.gif

Mary Kay has a full money back guarantee though so you can always get your money back if it doesn't work for you. (at least that's what my rep said). Ask for their samples of the oil control cleasing line to use with the powder.

It is powder I want to try-not sure what kind, but I don't like any liquid foundation at all. She didn't sell it to me because she lent me a bunch of other Mary Kay products to clear my acne first, only they didn't work. I do love the oil controlling stuff-feels so soft. I told her I would come back to her once the doc had me cleared up, which it hasn't happened yet, so I haven't gone back-I also haven't paid for any of the other things she let me use for a trial-this lady is SO nice and she really wanted to help me. We had a little-she called it a facial something, with a few other ladies, and did the makeup thing. I too, was not impressed with the mascara-but then I'm partial to my Maybelline Volume Express, too